Caribou Gear

Carl Ross ... Let's hear it

Guess this one's worthy of a post.

Had some perfect hunting conditions this Saturday, and with some luck was able to capitalize on a nice elk. My luck wasn't all good though, as I didn't get to him till 10:30 or 11:00 at night. (long story short, despite good results in the past, I'm retiring the use of A-Max's on elk) It was chilly too, I heard -10, and by the time I made it back to my truck I had frostbite on a few toes. It looks like they're going to be alright, but it made the pack out on Sunday a lot less fun, as I ended up walking on the outside of my foot trying to favor the sensitive toes. Good thing it was pretty short, as elk packs go.

A couple pictures:

P1020097.JPG

P1020103.JPG

P1020073.JPG

Big thanks to Matt and Charlie, for coming through with some sound intel.

Great looking bull. Congrats!

Toes heal (or fall off). Glory is forever. ;)

Very well done Carl! We gotta get some breakfast after the season and you can tell me the story.

Great bull, Carl. Congrats. Knowing how you hunt, I am sure it was brutal work to get him back to the truck. Glad to hear the toes will be OK.

I really hate people from Montana this time of year when the big bulls start hitting the dirt every year:D

Awesome , awesome bull.

I'd blame the frostbite on the bar's fried chicken. Congrats again, he'll look great in the house.

I really hate people from Montana this time of year when the big bulls start hitting the dirt every year:D

Awesome , awesome bull.

Agreed and I can think of at least one more that I'd like to hear the details on.

Congrats on a great bull Carl!

That is a damn awesome bull man, very happy for you......................Glad the "intel" worked out for you. No problem on the help!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back