Yeti GOBOX Collection

Camofire - Buyer Beware

I've had more trouble out of FedEx deliveries than any of the other delivery services. They pretty much suck in my neck of the woods. From delivering to the wrong address, to late deliveries, to deliveries I've had to drive and pick up at the nearest large processing center, over 70 miles away. I'll have it UPS every time if I can. I'd be ticked at Camofire as well. Never ordered from them and definitely not likely now.

Luckily for me the majority of my packages either come from UPS, or USPS. I know both drivers by name so they will either leave my packages in one of my vehicles or my garage. One good thing about living in the sticks.

Sucks to hear you got the raw end of the deal from Camofire/Fedex.

I have all items delivered to my office. I have had stuff stolen from my residence. I have had FedEx and UPS drop at a nearby though incorrect residence.

My workplace has service with UPS so the driver knows me by name. FedEx is here almost every day. Guess who screws up though? The Amazon rent-a-drivers that claim we are closed, leave at wrong business, etc. I begged Amazon to set my account to only UPS and FedEx and I would pay more for delivery for the privilege. Amazon refused.

While I referenced my positive Amazon experience, that was before their self-delivery project. After they started self delivery I had so many "lost" never delivered packages I escalated it and did get them to put me on a UPS/FedEx/USPS only list - back to their great service after that.

Last edited:
Yes they can. Had a similar fact pattern with Amazon and they overnighted a replacement at no cost.

Customer service aside - protesting the charge with VISA is the path of least effort and most leverage - if vendors get too many complaints via this process VISA can really squeeze them, they have leverage, you don't.
LOL. There is a reason they are not sending a replacement. They can't just sent a replacement every time someone says they did not get a package that Fed Ex shows as delivered even if you seem to think they can do so for free. The issue is FexEx is showing the package as delivered (and apparently it wasn't), not the fat that campfire is refusing to send another order for free.

I just love your preservative on things. Did you see that pink slime can now be sold as "ground beef". So much for your safe food supply theory. LOL

Unless policy changed, only the customer of FedEx or UPS or any freight company can file a claim. The customer is the person or company that is paying the bill issued by the shipper and that is not the person who ordered the product in this case. CamoFire has to file the claim. They did. And the claim was evaluated and ruled as not eligible for refund of shipping cost nor cost of item.

That puts CamoFire in the driver's seat. CamoFire is saying not their problem the customer is saying they never got the ordered item. Maybe so. It is CamoFire's decision to not replace or refund the item. The only person losing in this relationship is the customer that claims they are without the product. If you are a merchant and your customer is the only loser then you are at risk of losing that customer, their buddies, people on Twitter, on HuntTalk, etc. The cost to replace the item reported as not received may be a fraction of the loss of profit on sales that never happen but would have without publicity of the situation.

OP reports is a long-term customer. Might be the only time had an issue. Is an easy call for me as a sales manager if the OP is a reliable, long-term customer.

Roger. I’d be entirely pissed at CamoFire then.

FedEx sucks ass here. Had to go to the warehouse to find an item for my kid yesterday that was "out for delivery" since Wednesday morning then mysteriously was updated to some other random status yesterday morning. They've scanned multiple items as delivered long before they actually show up at the house.

Did you see that pink slime can now be sold as "ground beef". So much for your safe food supply theory. LOL

Grown ups call it finely textured beef, but you and the uneducated food bloggers can make up whatever silly name you like. It is a perfectly safe, in fact likely safer than your average yocal's venison hand grind.

I also believe the issue is probably with Fed-Ex. They are not the only delivery service with problems. Just this week UPS delivered a package of ours to our neighbors house which is 2 acres away.
Both houses have house numbers and last names on the mailbox. How do they make a mistake like that?

I also believe the issue is probably with Fed-Ex. They are not the only delivery service with problems. Just this week UPS delivered a package of ours to our neighbors house which is 2 acres away.
Both houses have house numbers and last names on the mailbox. How do they make a mistake like that?
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I've never had an issue with Camofire, they have to protect themselves too, they are not a big company and cannot just send out free $750 gifts when a customer complains. I think your real gripe is with FedEx and their delivery driver, and you have a "he-said-she-said" against that person now. Our address is 3rd to last on our USPS mail-lady's route and I strongly suspect she skips the last few houses entirely on occasion, and either does the 'fake delivery' scan or states that our mailbox is 'too full for delivery', but evidenced by the lack of tire tracks in the snow she never even stopped at the last few mailboxes on several of those days.

I am not defending FedEx, and not saying they are at fault, but that is between Camofire & FedEx. Legally Camofire has to get the item delivered to your door, if their chosen carrier fails, that is on them. If they can't afford to eat a few items in a he-said-she-said scenario from time to time then they can choose to ship "signature required". Any way you slice it, this is on Camofire and I would cancel my visa charge.

I am not defending FedEx, and not saying they are at fault, but that is between Camofire & FedEx. Legally Camofire has to get the item delivered to your door, if their chosen carrier fails, that is on them. If they can't afford to eat a few items in a he-said-she-said scenario from time to time then they can choose to ship "signature required". Any way you slice it, this is on Camofire and I would cancel my visa charge.
I agree 100%. It is incumbent on the seller to complete the deal, not the buyer.

I've never had any issues with Campfire. I have had issues with FedEx. My neighbors seem to get MY packages as often as I do. Luckily they have contacted me, or brought them by my house, and I didn't even know them. Anyway, I now have everything shipped to my work, which I have everything videoed (airport) and all packages just happen to be dropped off next to my office. Not an issue since I changed the shipping address!

Grown ups call it finely textured beef, but you and the uneducated food bloggers can make up whatever silly name you like. It is a perfectly safe, in fact likely safer than your average yocal's venison hand grind.

The funniest part of that whole thread was you had no idea the biggest meat producers in the USA were foreign owned. And how you keep doubling down instead of just admitting that you had no idea about how unsafe our food supply has gotten. But it's fun to watch you keep digging.

Now we don't even know where the meat comes from and folks in Montana are putting their foot down, guess they are more educated than folks like yourself.

Keep up the fine work and feel free to feed your family pink slime from a foreign owned company run by crooks and all the foreign produced meat you want. I don't consider any of that safe and will continue to work with local producers to feed my family.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Why do you seem to think that free replacements should be sent out for items that show as delivered from Fedex? Seems awfully naive but not surprising coming from you.

Do you not see how that could be abused?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
hqdefault.jpg

Hello Folks, Just wanted to share a recent experience with Camofire. Do with it what you will:

In early January I purchased the Sitka Coldfront Set - Jacket & Bib for roughly $750. Excited to get home and check it out when I saw from work that the package had delivered, only to find out it wasn't there when I finally arrived home. Checked out my Arlo motion cameras and nothing....

Reached out to Camofire immediately and advised them of the situation and I was told to wait a week as sometimes Fed-Ex drivers will fake scans to keep their deliveries up and then actually deliver the product later, and that they cannot file a claim within 10 days.. (Their words not mine.) I volunteered the footage from my cameras and was declined as not necessary. 10 days pass, and I reach out again and nothing. Eventually Camofire opens a claim with Fed-ex. After a bit more back and forth Camofire reps advise that Fed-ex has rejected the claim stating that the package was delivered. At this point it has been nearly a month, yet somehow they claim the driver specifically remembers making the delivery to my house(this was one of my favorite claims...), yet Fed-Ex couldn't provide the GPS scan verification to validate the delivery location and there was no signature required.. Subject to the claim rejection from the parcel provider, Camofire took the position is that I received the product and case closed. However, they would be happy to send a replacement at list price.. HA! After a few escalations we arrived at their final concession, I can buy replacement at their cost..

Worth mentioning I've been buying gear on Camofire since 2012 and spend more than I like to admit on gear there without issue. I also live on a dead end street and buy 90% of my retail online and have never had an issue with anything coming up missing. I've since check the policy of other vendors I buy from in attempt to avoid this situation from arising again, and every other vendor I've checked recognizes it is their responsibility to get the product in their customer's possession. I was told by Camofire's customer service that they only have 10 employees, and that was their justification for not being able to provide quality customer service stating specifically they need to first and foremost protect themselves. Chew on that one for a minute...

Do what you will with this information, but based on my experience I can assure you that they have seen their last penny from me. In the end I've filed the claim with my credit card company and they told me that they would just recover the funds from the vendors bank until legal proof could be provided of the delivery. In the end they will lose twice, out the cost of goods anyhow and out a long time customer. Hopefully this post will further redirect other potential victims to more service oriented vendors..

Any response since you filed the claim with your CC company? I would think you would either get new product delivered or they would escalate their issue with FedEx.

Any response since you filed the claim with your CC company? I would think you would either get new product delivered or they would escalate their issue with FedEx.

Yes, CC company was excellent. Gave them all of the details supporting the claim and they gave me a full refund immediately. I was told by the customer service rep that they will ACH the funds back from the vendors bank. Then the vendor via their bank has 90 days to provide signature proof of delivery to contest the claim. Since they wouldn't provide me with any documentation supporting the claim that the product was delivered to my home I suspect that I've heard the end of this...

On to a different purveyor of Sitka gear and planning my next hunt.

Sorry to hear about the OP's original situation. It does sound like poor customer service to me, despite the root issue likely being the result of the delivery system or a thief.

However, Camofire has gone above and beyond for me in a situation where they didn't have a duty to do so. So there is the other side of that coin for me.

Somthing simular happened with my worl sending bills and checks to our corporate office to be paid. They showed it was delivered but no one signed for it. It showed up a few weeks later after they bugged ups.

Id call the fed ex amd probally show up at there shipping office. I dont put down camo fire as it was out of there hands. Put pressure on fed ex my guess they will find it. They probably have cameras on the delivery id ask for all proof it was delivered...

Good call on speaking with the credit card company. They have a lot more clout than us regular folks and deeper pockets as well. I've had my credit card and identity used a few times and VISA has always refunded me with no headache.

I don't blame camofire too much. Sounds like the shipping co was the problem. But I do wonder what their markup is and if they could have eaten the cost of the gear and sent you another order.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back