Call your Dad and tell him you love him.

Gerald Martin

I came very close to losing my father in a farming accident this morning. Details are still a bit sketchy to exactly how it happened but the tractor and manure spreader he was driving flipped over him.
EMT's Life Flighted him to a world class medical center about 60 miles away from the farm and he was able to be in surgery about an hour and a half after the accident. As of now he is listed in stable condition but has facial fractures a broken collar bone, lacerated bowel and one of the arteries in his neck suffered trauma but was not severed.

It was just another normal day until I got the call. The last time I talked to Dad I had about three things going at once and he joked to me that I was probably too busy to talk to him. I'm glad I took the time to talk even though our conversation was brief. I didn't even consider it at the time it was very close to being our last conversation. Life is short. Hold your loved ones close

Attachments

• Virginia 2014 Winter 170.jpg
    Virginia 2014 Winter 170.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 990
Just heard from a combination of news and facebook. As a farmer myself it hits home just how quickly something can happen. God bless your family you will be in our prayers.

Words of wisdom, Gerald. Those who have lost their Dad would give anything for one more phone call.

Prayers for your Dad that the long road ahead gets him back to good health. And giving thanks that he is still here among us. Sounds like it could have been an even worse outcome.

Gerald - you and your family are definitely in my thoughts.

Been there before, good luck for the next few weeks

Gerald- Glad to hear he survived that scare, long road to recovery it sounds, prayers are sent. Your words spoken are so very true, we all lead hectic lives, make the time to spend & talk with loved ones as much as possible before it is to late, one never knows what tomorrow brings.

As someone who has lost both parents much earlier than their time, amen.

Glad he's out of the fire Gerald. We'll keep you & yours in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear the worst is over. I can't tell you how many times my Dad says "you're probably busy" when we are on the phone. An unfortunate, but timely reminder to make sure I give him a call tonight.

As someone who has lost both parents much earlier than their time, amen.

Glad he's out of the fire Gerald. We'll keep you & yours in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Ditto .
Always have the time for them,....They had time for you!!

Well said, Gerald. I always fear the next phone call I pick up is one like that. I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

Make every second count, you never know when there wont be any more. I hope your father has a speedy recovery.

Hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

Farming is one of the top most dangerous jobs out there every year.

IMO they are the hardest working too.....

Praying for him and your family.
Hope for a quick recovery.

Got to go call Dad now....

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back