Call your Dad and tell him you love him.

That's great news Gerald. I'm sure it will be a long tough recovery, but he's heading it the right direction it sounds. Thanks for the update, I've been thinking about you & your family. Continued well wishes!

So glad to hear it, Gerald. Thanking God for your dad's progress!

Just over a week from the first post I made and Dad is home with his family and walking again. He's still got a long ways to go but I'm sure glad I here helping him recover rather than trying to figure out which headstone we want to remember him by.

Attachments

• Copy - DSC_0792.jpg
    Copy - DSC_0792.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Copy - DSC_0807.jpg
    Copy - DSC_0807.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 90
Glad he is doing well. Was he pulling that big spreader with that little ford tractor when the accident happened?

Glad he is doing well. Was he pulling that big spreader with that little ford tractor when the accident happened?

Yes, the picture is a bit misleading. He was not spreading litter on the hill but driving out the lane. There is a driveway that you can't see just off the picture. It has a slight hill and he stalled the tractor when he didn't downshift to keep his momentum. The tractor is an old Case and he had to shift it out of gear to get it started again. When he did the tractor started rolling backward and the brakes were not good enough to get it stopped. The spreader pulled the tractor down over the bank and when the tractor jacknifed against the spreader it rolled and threw Dad off.

He's a lucky man - and from the picture of family, I'd say very blessed as well.

Where in VA is he? I don't drink, but I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to buy a visiting HuntTalker a DQ if yall are nearby...

Did you threaten to install some training wheels on that tractor?

Unbelievable that he's recovered so far so fast.

Gerald--so glad to hear your dad is doing great! So nice to read positive updates and know that everything has turned out for the best--I definitely had your family in your thoughts when I first read this thread and it's been great to read the updates.

I lost my dad nearly sixteen years ago when I was just a kiddo. I give a hard and fast second to reaching out and letting your loved ones know how loved they are as much and as often as you can <3

Back