Call your Dad and tell him you love him.

Although I hate to hear about his injuries, I'm glad that it wasn't much worse!
Also, thank you for the reminder of spending time with your loved ones!

Just got an update from my sister. Sounds like he's not out of danger yet, but still stable they are keeping him sedated until tomorrow evening at least.
From her email.

"There is no brain damage evident. Dad was cognizant up to the time they took him into surgery. The biggest concern is the injuries to his abdomen. They removed part of his left colon to repair the internal hemorrhaging and installed a temporary colostomy bag. They left the stomach open and are keeping him sedated until tomorrow when they hope to check on it and close him back up. They got him in surgery quickly enough that his bowels had not spewed out into the abdomen.

He has one or two broken collarbones; 4 broken ribs on one side, 8 on the other. There was some bruising of the lungs. His neck bones are okay but two of the four arteries to the brain are damaged. The doctor said only one artery is necessary for life. A neurosurgeon is to check it out. He has a broken nose; a laceration above the left eye and the left eye socket is broken. His eye appears to be okay."

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts guys. I appreciate it.

Praying for your dad and all of the family Gerald.

Wow that's a long list of injuries. Living in the USA in the 21st century gives him a good fighting chance at recovery and continued abundant life. Healing and even miraculous healing to your father.

Good reminder for all of us....just never know when a curve ball comes your way.Hope your Dad hangs in there,sounds like a tough bird.Best to you and your family in this difficult time.

Your dad is one tough son-of-a-gun! Prayers for him and those taking care of him! A timely reminder for everyone to let those you love know how much they mean to you ...

Prayers and positive thoughts headed your family's way! Life is too short, and fragile...hoping for a speedy recovery for your dad!

thoughts are with you and yours.

Thanks for the reminder as its my Pops birthday tomorrow. I'm calling him right now and inviting him over for supper and a little archery practice tomorrow evening.

I don't have one to call - but I will pray for you Gerald! Never met you, but know you to be a hell of a
Man! Your family will need your strength!

I live about 5 miles from my dad and I'm ashamed to say we don't talk/see each other enough. Thoughts and prayers Gerald.

Prayers headed your way. I'm sure the distance away makes it tough but it sounds like he is in good hands.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back