Yeti GOBOX Collection

Caitlin Clark

Another monster game from Clark! She pretty much single handedly shut down SC in the 4th by either scoring or assists. Way to go Hawkeyes!

Clark is legit and I'm picking her on any team. Altho that layup she just let that girl have towards the end of the first half because she was to busy thinking she was fouled and letting the ref know as the girl just made a layup beside her instead of playing D. That soured me a little...prevent the damn layup and let the ref know on next dead ball.

I didn’t love a couple of those heat check threes from her on the late possessions, would’ve liked to see the high pick and roll, but dang…fun game. So mentally tough.

Clark is legit and I'm picking her on any team. Altho that layup she just let that girl have towards the end of the first half because she was to busy thinking she was fouled and letting the ref know as the girl just made a layup beside her instead of playing D. That soured me a little...prevent the damn layup and let the ref know on next dead ball.
She had 2 fouls at that point and as inconsistent as the reffing was she got as close as she could without risking a third.

That was a fun game to watch with my 13 year daughter. Caitlin is quite a role model with the effort she gives and the way she carries herself.

I watched her for the first time last night and was blown away. She is like the energizer bunny. I am impressed.

I am not a fan of basketball but I have been hearing the hoopla about Caitlin Clark, and my wife was watching last night’s game, so I watched the second half. My take at the end was 1) Caitlin Clark is an amazing athlete and 2) it certainly was not the fault of the referees that South Carolina did not win.

No surprise. The NBA has been more about they player biography rather than the actual sport in the past decade. I know more about Lebron James’ personal life than his ppg.
I worked as an executive for an NBA team for a few years yet I watch less than 10 hours of live NBA action each season and could get free tickets to every home game including playoffs. The bunny-hopping with the ball and obvious carrying is hard for me to stomach along with so few players hustling to play defense. I played ball in school and whistles were not swallowed for any of us. The NBA is a clown league similar to the Globetrotters. 82 games is way too many as no one game means much. The style of ball played in the playoffs is different than regular season so the 82 games are each rarely competitive from start to finish then you get 6 or more teams tanking by March. The NFL tipped the scale to favor the offense by changing the rules on the books rather than ignoring the rules. Trot around the NFL field during a play and you end up on your rear. Not so with the NBA.

I feel Kim mulkey should have been T'd up about 10 times. Haha.
I thought Clark’s technical foul for flipping the ball behind her back was largely uncalled for. Especially at such a critical point in the game. And I don’t understand why Reese wasn’t whistled for a technical for blatantly taunting Clark at the end of the game. I watched the postgame press conference and not one media member asked her (Reese) why she did that. At the end of the day, LSU played better than Iowa and this game, as well as the the South Carolina/ Iowa game had to be very hard to offiate.

I worked as an executive for an NBA team for a few years yet I watch less than 10 hours of live NBA action each season and could get free tickets to every home game including playoffs. The bunny-hopping with the ball and obvious carrying is hard for me to stomach along with so few players hustling to play defense. I played ball in school and whistles were not swallowed for any of us. The NBA is a clown league similar to the Globetrotters. 82 games is way too many as no one game means much. The style of ball played in the playoffs is different than regular season so the 82 games are each rarely competitive from start to finish then you get 6 or more teams tanking by March. The NFL tipped the scale to favor the offense by changing the rules on the books rather than ignoring the rules. Trot around the NFL field during a play and you end up on your rear. Not so with the NBA.
Watch an old clip of the Globetrotters and then a clip of todays NBA game. The level of effort on defense is the same.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back