The best basketball player you haven't seen

If you're a basketball fan and you haven't yet seen Caitlin Clark play, you need to...

This is not a one-night thing. This young lady (only a sophomore) does this kind of stuff night in and night out.
I’m a hoops nut, so I have seen her. She’s a “dude.” GO ZAGS!!!

Talk about in the zone ! As impressive as she is the thing that impressed me the most was the way she just made incredible shots and moves ,one after another and no in your face celebration and false bravado ! Just played incredible basketball like she has done it before. Talent and class , a rare combination. I have never saw her play but I will be paying attention from now on ! Thanks for the post , inspiring .

Reminds me of Steph Curry's days at Davidson.
Yep, elite shooting and ball-handling skills. I see a little Pistol Pete style of game too.
What I thought..
Watching her with my grandfather and he said that in addition to her scoring, her rebounds and assists per game, reminded him more of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, were before my time, but he showed me highlight clips of them and Wow !

I wish her and her team continued success

I've heard about her from several friends but had never watched her. She's playing on a different level than anyone else on that court. But Iowa... need to transfer somewhere where she can play with high quality teammates.

Last edited:
Damn she's averaging 27 8 and 8 on the season, a "LeBron" is 27 7 and 7. I know box scores only tell part of the story in hoops but that's some serious production
Yeah, she led nation this season in both scoring and assists, the only other player to do that in college basketball history was Trae Young.

Makes for entertaining games...my kids have really enjoyed getting to see her play

Wow talk about carrying the team. I kept watching the score every time she nailed a 3 and she just couldn’t catch up. I wonder what the heck the rest of the game looked like.

I've heard about her from several friends but had never watched her. She's playing on a different level than anyone else on that court. But Iowa... need to transfer somewhere where she can play with his quality teammates.
I mean, Iowa won the Big 10 regular season and tournament this year. Not everyone wants to hop on a bandwagon and head for UConn or Stanford. I give her credit for staying home and playing for what was probably her favorite school growing up.

I've heard about her from several friends but had never watched her. She's playing on a different level than anyone else on that court. But Iowa... need to transfer somewhere where she can play with his quality teammates.
The irony of this, is that, one of her teammates last year-- Lauren Jensen, did transfer last year and her new team knocked Iowa and Caitlin out of the playoffs on a last second shot. You can transfer, but it is not easy or quick when your an athlete. And, as has been mentioned, possibly she has no desire to transfer. Her family dynamics might be stronger than her desire to "possibly" be in the final four. Either way, I think the WNBA will be looking at her, if she continues to play like she did this year.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back