Caitlin Clark

Right. I think a majority of people would rather watch the best collegiate women go head to head than a bunch of spoiled over paid primadonas. Hell there’s prolly been more threads started about Clark than about lebron. Which is a very good thing!!
Maybe so. Maybe not. I don't find Lebron to be that much of a prima donna, but that aside, I think it rather sad that few know anything about U of I other than Caitlin Clark, however amazing she may be.

Once upon a time, universities had college sports on the side. Now, we have college sports teams that keep a university on the side.

The next time you think of U of I or any other Final 4 team will probably be next year when the hoops season starts once again.

Sorry to be such a curmudgeon, but public support of universities outside of their sports teams is truly depressing in the 21st century.

Last edited:
Right. I think a majority of people would rather watch the best collegiate women go head to head than a bunch of spoiled over paid primadonas. Hell there’s prolly been more threads started about Clark than about lebron. Which is a very good thing!!
I like the playoffs. No more over paid than any other athlete. And in my opinion if you are one of the best in the world at what you do, your check should reflect that. mtmuley

Maybe so. Maybe not. I don't find Lebron to be that much of a prima donna, but that aside, I think it rather sad that few know anything about U of I other than Caitlin Clark, however amazing she may be.

Once upon a time, universities had college sports on the side. Now, we have college sports teams that keep a university on the side.

The next time you think of U of I or any other Final 4 team will probably be next year when the hoops season starts once again.

Sorry to be such a curmudgeon, but public support of universities other outside of their sports team is truly depressing in the 21st century.
This may be true for you and a very large majority of people, but it isn’t for me. When I was senior in high school I did a report on the exploitation of the college athlete. If you don’t think lebron is a primamadona, I’m not going to continue.

I like the playoffs. No more over paid than any other athlete. And in my opinion if you are one of the best in the world at what you do, your check should reflect that. mtmuley
Playoffs is when the best athletes in the world actually start playing hard. It’s a lot different now than it was.

I checked out some highlights. Pretty impressive. Always fun to watch a pure shooter with ice in their veins. Not an nba fan anymore but always enjoy watching curry. Going to try to watch this game on Friday of her with my daughter who’s getting into basketball.
There’s 3 or 4 girls on South Carolina to watch as well. I’m more excited for the first game. That will be a fight.

She’s going to be fun to keep tabs on. Pretty amazing stats.

Her Dad was from our hometown and he was on the same teams with my youngest brother. The level of talent at such a young age was very noticeable, but the work ethic was off the charts. Assume the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…lol.
I saw something on her not long ago where they upset a team that had an extra long winning streak? Correct me if I’m wrong. Beat one of the programs in Minnesota?

I saw something on her not long ago where they upset a team that had an extra long winning streak? Correct me if I’m wrong. Beat one of the programs in Minnesota?
Yeah I think it was Hopkins…but not 100% sure. My sports world currently consists of 10 yr olds learning fastpitch softball and I guess I am going to be an assistant coach for my 6 yr olds football program that starts in May. Our snow might be gone by then😂

Yeah I think it was Hopkins…but not 100% sure. My sports world currently consists of 10 yr olds learning fastpitch softball and I guess I am going to be an assistant coach for my 6 yr olds football program that starts in May. Our snow might be gone by then😂
At the time youth coaching was arduous…in retrospect I realize how important it was and miss it. I still run into kids and parents who feel the same.

Goes fast Luke, enjoy.

At the time youth coaching was arduous…in retrospect I realize how important it was and miss it. I still run into kids and parents who feel the same.

Goes fast Luke, enjoy.
Yeah this will be my first coaching experience. Mama is a pro…she coaches the girls volleyball and softball. I’m looking forward to it. 👍

My daughter just graduated from USC, so I’m a little biased here, but…

This game is as much a coaching thing as as it is the raw talent of Caitlin Clark. USC has a massive size advantage, and Iowa is giving them every air ball they want to take from the perimeter. WTF? USC is lucky to only be 1 point down at the half.

Caitlin Clark is the real deal though!

Sorry to be such a curmudgeon, but public support of universities outside of their sports teams is truly depressing in the 21st century.
You owe me a new pair of contacts. I rolled my eyes so severely after reading your post that they’re now floating around in my skull somewhere. Thanks a lot

Congrats Hawkeyes! Very well executed game plan and well deserved win! Reffing was distracting with all of the stupid away from the ball fouls, but wasn’t a difference maker.

Yikes. Unfortunately my wallet was also where my head was at and I lost my ass on that game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back