MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CA Big Game Draw

Unsuccessful for draw looks like D zone tags again
Which D zone(s) you typically get sir? If you go D3-5 perhaps we'll bump into each other 🤣 I've got a spot I've been wanting to get into for some time and maybe this year I'll put some extra miles on my boots to get back there.

I really want to make a trip up to northwest CA one of these days and hunt that area. Everyone I've talked to has said there's a slim chance you come home without the bear tag filled in the yolla bolly area

Nothing for me. Can’t believe D14 (Big Bear) is a premium hunt. Was always a solid fall back plan. Picked up the AO tag per usual and trying the LA County Either Sex tag as well this year. Thank god for CO Elk

Which D zone(s) you typically get sir? If you go D3-5 perhaps we'll bump into each other 🤣 I've got a spot I've been wanting to get into for some time and maybe this year I'll put some extra miles on my boots to get back there.
I’ll shoot ya a pm when I get a chance today.

I really want to make a trip up to northwest CA one of these days and hunt that area. Everyone I've talked to has said there's a slim chance you come home without the bear tag filled in the yolla bolly area

The Bolly’s or the Alps either one, good chance you’ll see more bear than deer in either! Cali hasn’t hit its bear quota since banning dogs back in 2012, things are everywhere from the Plumas north.

The Bolly’s or the Alps either one, good chance you’ll see more bear than deer in either! Cali hasn’t hit its bear quota since banning dogs back in 2012, things are everywhere from the Plumas north.
Last season I was seeing up to 6 bears a day out hunting B zone. Almost always saw at least one, usually several. Filled my tag and was wishing we could get more than one tag like with deer. Could have easily filled a couple freezers with bear meat alone. Sadly, the deer hunting has gone downhill as the bear and lion populations have exploded.

D7 for me and my oldest son. Second oldest drew J11 (D14 youth hunt late November). Haven't spent anytime in D14 so we have lot's of e-scouting time ahead of us!

D7 for me and my oldest son. Second oldest drew J11 (D14 youth hunt late November). Haven't spent anytime in D14 so we have lot's of e-scouting time ahead of us!
Congrats to your son! D7 I imagine southeast of Yosemite would be somewhat fruitful?

Congrats to your son! D7 I imagine southeast of Yosemite would be somewhat fruitful?
Thanks NickCNC!

D7 is between King's Canyon NP and Yosemite... Big area! The Eastern border is X9A. I've seen some decent deer taken from 7, but there are a lot of tourists in the area year round as well. This will be our 1st time in D7. A friend of mine has a cabin in the are, that's why we decided to give it a go.

Good luck to you!

Third choice B tag for me and second choice C zone for my son. Ca still offering two buck tags, so we will be able to hunt B together and he can hunt C close to home.

Just took a point for elk this year (I’m one under max) as the dates don’t work for me this year but through in for antelope (one under max there as well). Drew a couple of muzzleloader hunts in recent years that zeros out my deer points so I’m prob done there except for an occasional B or C when the band wants to get back together!
One point under for Elk and Antelope is a kick in the nuts unless you opt for cow or doe.

Last season I was seeing up to 6 bears a day out hunting B zone. Almost always saw at least one, usually several. Filled my tag and was wishing we could get more than one tag like with deer. Could have easily filled a couple freezers with bear meat alone. Sadly, the deer hunting has gone downhill as the bear and lion populations have exploded.

Sure have, I used to hunt X3A a lot, got to be where I was seeing more lion tracks on the rim than deer tracks. Had property up by Burney in C, between lions, bear, and the Lassen and So. OR wolf packs that moved in I sold it and basically gave up hunting that area.

One point under for Elk and Antelope is a kick in the nuts unless you opt for cow or doe.

Very true as I’m not getting any younger, started putting in when a job took me that way and it was the SECOND year that they went to the point system… my luck!

Will likely switch to archery on the goats next year but they don’t differentiate on the elk in the zone I put in for (except cow v. Bull)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back