CA Big Game Draw

NickCNC

Anyone else patiently awaiting draw results to see, and confirm that you didn't draw the premium deer zone and/or elk hunt you wanted? I know I'm ready.

Yes sir. I’m hoping to pick up a deer point and my second choice. This could be the year that option no longer becomes viable. I also swing for the fences on elk, antelope, and sheep. I picked up a bear tag and hope that I finally harvest my first bear this year. Good luck to all👍🏼

Nope I'm impatiently waiting. We put in for everything here. We have little chance at drawing anything but it's always fun to dream. We will most likely be hunting the general B zone woods for the timber ghosts

I too have a bear tag. For deer zones I put in for X8 and X12, but I just know I'll end up with the D3-5 tag. I am also hoping to harvest my first bear. My problem is I tend to see em out of season. Best of luck to you guys!

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Hoping results are tomorrow! Last year they were the 10th.

Good luck to everyone unless you applied for the same tag as me!!😁

Just took a point for elk this year (I’m one under max) as the dates don’t work for me this year but through in for antelope (one under max there as well). Drew a couple of muzzleloader hunts in recent years that zeros out my deer points so I’m prob done there except for an occasional B or C when the band wants to get back together!

Just took a point for elk this year (I’m one under max) as the dates don’t work for me this year but through in for antelope (one under max there as well). Drew a couple of muzzleloader hunts in recent years that zeros out my deer points so I’m prob done there except for an occasional B or C when the band wants to get back together!
If you ever snag an elk tag down here in the Whitney/Big Pine area let me know! I'd be more than happy to share notes and scout/hunt with you if you needed it;)

I too have a bear tag. For deer zones I put in for X8 and X12, but I just know I'll end up with the D3-5 tag. I am also hoping to harvest my first bear. My problem is I tend to see em out of season. Best of luck to you guys!

Why X12 and X8? Neither will draw on 2nd choice.

Did my usual strategy of hunts that would fit well into my schedule should my name get plucked out of the draw by choice hat.

Just because they're in closest proximity to where I live as far as premium hunts. Went on a whim that I may be so lucky to get one of the few random draw tags that get pulled. And traveling for a longer duration. Hunt is out for awhile since my wife and I have a 3yr old and 10minth old at home and I feel guilty about leaving for a day or two let alone maybe a week in B or C zones. Last two years I've gone AO tag route and archery is just tough in CA.

If you ever snag an elk tag down here in the Whitney/Big Pine area let me know! I'd be more than happy to share notes and scout/hunt with you if you needed it;)

Sounds like a deal. I’m typically putting in along the border but hey you never know! Good luck to ya!

Results are up! Super coveted B zone deer tags for the family!

We got lucky and drew C so I just bought our B tags. And I got a deer point to boot. Struck out everywhere else though. Now just waiting on Oregon to find out about archery Elk

First time ever not drawing my second choice deer tag. I knew it was only a matter of time, but still sucks. Guess I'm going to have hunt an AO tag. I'll have to step up my archery game and push myself to be better... so it's not all bad

First time ever not drawing my second choice deer tag. I knew it was only a matter of time, but still sucks. Guess I'm going to have hunt an AO tag. I'll have to step up my archery game and push myself to be better... so it's not all bad

Lol nothing wrong with Cali archery hunting provided you like 105 degree temps, poison oak, rattlesnakes, meat bees, and 80# deer🤷🏻‍♂️. J/k any hunting is better than no hunting, I wiffed in the draw!

Lol nothing wrong with Cali archery hunting provided you like 105 degree temps, poison oak, rattlesnakes, meat bees, and 80# deer🤷🏻‍♂️. J/k any hunting is better than no hunting, I wiffed in the draw!
100% truth on the snakes and bees lol.
I have been spoiled with shooting several good bucks so close to the house over the years... an area that is a nightmare to bow hunt. I really can't complain much though, I have a WY elk tag

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back