Yeti GOBOX Collection

Busted two days in a row.

tarheel

This is a non-turkey hunting post; I got busted two days in a row by gobblers who wouldn't open their mouth and walked up on me noiselessly, neither giving a shot opportunity. I was almost run over by a doe while in the blind and decided to go cat fishing instead. Had much better luck; a couple of 8 pound blues and a 55 pound flathead, 47" long. It took two of us to wear him down and get him into the boat.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 769
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 744
Makin' something out of nothin'! Awesome fish...nothing quite like a big catfish fight.

I love catfishing!! Did you catch them on rod and reel? Bank Poles? Trot Lines? Nice stainless fish cleaning station too!!

We used to do the same type of hunting and fishing on Smithville Lake in MO. I learned not to hit the Primos Power Crystal until 11 am. Tasty lookig fish!!

I love catfishing!! Did you catch them on rod and reel? Bank Poles? Trot Lines? Nice stainless fish cleaning station too!!

Set line tied off to a tree branch. A two pound blue had bitten the set and this shovel head came along and ate the blue with the hook getting caught in his maw. He did not want to deal with us and it took what seemed forever to get him worn down some and get the gaff into his lower jaw; then the fight really started.

That's awesome. We used to head down to the Neuse and run limblines. Those 50+ lb. flatties are a different kind of mean!

Good use of time. Nice fish? How do the larger cats taste in your neck of the woods? Up here I toss them back over 20 inches.

Good use of time. Nice fish? How do the larger cats taste in your neck of the woods? Up here I toss them back over 20 inches.

They taste fine in the rivers we fish. The soil is sand and gravel based, no clay, so it is clear and clean save for the tannin in it from the tree roots, leaves and decaying logs. If you dipped up a glass full it would resemble weak iced tea but in volume it winds up looking black. Some refer to it as "peat water", we just call it black water. The fish are some of the sweetest tasting I've ever had. We usually cut them up into nuggets and bread them with finely ground cornmeal then fry.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members