Bucket list.....

@BuzzH did Muskox. That would be a ton of fun.
Yes, that was a pretty neat hunt, I thoroughly enjoyed that hunt way more than a I thought I would. The time spent with the Native Culture there was something I'll always remember. I have a lot of respect for that way of life up there, its not easy on any level. I also really enjoyed talking to them about hunting, just a totally unique perspective.

That was the one hunt that I got a lot more out of than just an animal...learned some things on that hunt.

A series of hunts that I KNOW are never gonna happen would be to attempt to recreate childhood safari hunts in Kenya that my father got to do 1967-1970 as we were living in Nairobi. Block 68 was his favorite hunting block, on the floor of the Rift Valley. In the weeks before we were to move back to the states we tried to get me on a zebra. On the stalk, I misunderstood dad's hand signal telling me to cross the opening to get to him and set up for a possible shot. I froze and the herd of zebra moved on into the scrub thorn.

His favorite hunt was for Cape Buffalo, which he killed enough with his professional hunter friends that he "proved up" and was allowed to hunt without a PH.

Limited bird hunting is again allowed in Kenya, so going after francolin and guinea fowl is possible, but I would really love to get "my own" zebra.

I’d like to get a big whitetail for the wall to go with my muleys. Alaska interior grizzly maybe someday.

A guy from town here just got back from a bear hunt on Kodiak. Over $35,000.00 for hunt and mount !!!

Spring coastal alaska bear with enough time to catch big halibut and some salmon shrimp and crabs. Bison would be second.. I would put oryx close third ahead of caribou. Funny how that now can't hunt them in Quebec really want to do that hunt. Alaska would be great if I could find someone who has been with 40 mile air to accompany me for 1/2 off flight for them.

To many on the bucket list for me.
1 Brown Bear
2 Mountain Goat
3 Timber Wolf
That would be my top 3 pick in North America. Would love to do a safari in Africa but thats not a bucket list is a 55 gallon barrel list

I've seen wolves on POW Alaska and would have gladly used my bear tag on one if the season was open on them but it wasn't at that time.
I've seen lots of wolf tracks around Cold Bay Alaska and in that unit there is no closed season and no tag required even for non-residents. I want to pursue them but at this point I only have time to hunt Alaska once a year. Kodiak, Nelson Lagoon, and the Haul Road are at the top of my list.
I see wolves up the haul road about every time I go. Problem is you have to be off the road 5 miles to shoot them and they know it. I’ve had many just look at me at 150-200 yards off the road. But still one of my favorite hunts is bou up the hall road.

I moved to Alaska for a few years. Got my brown bear, Dall, mtn goat, moose, bou and wolf. Only thing I didn’t get that I wanted was a Wolverine. It’s up at the top of my list.

@BuzzH did Muskox. That would be a ton of fun.
I’d love to shoot a musk ox
@Panda Bear I had four on my list, musk ox would probably be five. I would love to hunt one.

Just wanted to mention to you that Greenland is another option to consider. Their prices are about the same. Terrain a bit friendlier,. You can also hunt caribou and the sea duck hunting is a lot of fun also. Nice people. Costs are in line with ours here in Canada. Canada or Greenland, either way, hope you guys make it happen. Also, if you are planning to do a full body mount I would suggest a spring hunt. It will look better.

Yes, that was a pretty neat hunt, I thoroughly enjoyed that hunt way more than a I thought I would. The time spent with the Native Culture there was something I'll always remember. I have a lot of respect for that way of life up there, its not easy on any level. I also really enjoyed talking to them about hunting, just a totally unique perspective.

That was the one hunt that I got a lot more out of than just an animal...learned some things on that hunt.
Congratulations and appreciate the comments, thank you

A walrus is in my top 10
A majority of ONE ;)--Hope you get all of the animals on your top ten list. the walrus, will be, a hunt you will not forget, they are bit different .

A LOT of sheep hunters on this thread. Can not speak to Alaska, but in Canada they are taking bookings out to 2025, and asking for a 10000.00 deposit.
2023 prices are "approximately" 35000.00

Hope everyones bucket list gets filled. good luck !!

Just wanted to mention to you that Greenland is another option to consider. Their prices are about the same. Terrain a bit friendlier,. You can also hunt caribou and the sea duck hunting is a lot of fun also. Nice people. Costs are in line with ours here in Canada. Canada or Greenland, either way, hope you guys make it happen. Also, if you are planning to do a full body mount I would suggest a spring hunt. It will look better.

Congratulations and appreciate the comments, thank you

A majority of ONE ;)--Hope you get all of the animals on your top ten list. the walrus, will be, a hunt you will not forget, they are bit different .

A LOT of sheep hunters on this thread. Can not speak to Alaska, but in Canada they are taking bookings out to 2025, and asking for a 10000.00 deposit.
2023 prices are "approximately" 35000.00

Hope everyones bucket list gets filled. good luck !!
Thanks @Panda Bear Greenland seems like a good option for musk ox.

I can’t even pay the taxes on a $35,000 hunt if I won it. Ill let the rich bankers and lawyers hunt the white sheep. Ill stick to unlimited bighorns in Montana.

Not sure how I missed this thread—I really enjoyed the variety of answers.

If I could wave a wand and—POOF—magically draw any hunt I actually consistently apply for it would either be the Deschutes Canyon sheep tag or a Metolius premium deer tag. Those areas are home turf and special for me, and to be able to hunt mule deer with a rifle through November in the Metolius, or sheep in late fall when no one else is on the Deschutes would be incredible. I guess I’m a homebody like that.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back