Brittany Chukarman is the Bomb!

Big Sky

Just want to give a big shout out and a thank you to Brittany Chukarman (Gary Gorbet). A little while ago he contacted me out of the blue and sent me some marabou jigs he had tied. He knows I like to jig fish and he really surprised me with his generosity. From the second the jigs arrived I knew they would work and I couldn't wait to get out on the water and give them a try. Yesterday after work things fell into place and I was able to go wet a line.

The first fish I caught with on of his jigs wasn't very big, but at least it proved it could catch fish.
Troy%20Brown%20%203-11-15G_zpsu5dq3ay9.jpg

The next fish was a little better.
Troy%20Brown%20%203-11-15F_zpsefjjo5el.jpg

I caught several more fish between 12" to 16" and then this guy latched on. He is a pretty darn good sized fish for this tiny creek I was fishing. In fact he might be my best out of this creek. If not he's definitely in the top two or three for this little creek.
Troy%20Brown%20%203-11-15C_zpsydczhw6w.jpg

Unfortunately I had taken my tape measure out of my vest earlier. (I had put it in my day pack during deer season to measure horns and antlers and had forgot to put it back in my vest.) Anyway I couldn't measure him, but an educated guess says he's right around 19" to 20". He is on the skinny side, but he had a big head and is an older fish. Thank you again to Gary. He very much reflects the type of quality people that are regulars on this site. Also thank you to Randy for provided so many sportsman with such a great place to hang out. Is it any wonder this is one of my favorite sites on the entire web!
Troy%20Brown%20%203-11-15B_zps8rf9bjrl.jpg

It was very generous on Chukarman's part and very unexpected, but definitely appreciated. I don't know if he sells them or not. If he does, and one was wanting to give jig fishing a try for trout, it wouldn't hurt to see about buying some from him. They obviously work!
Troy%20Brown%20%203-11-15D_zpsznhhwwwi.jpg

Wow! What a field test, beautiful browns.! I tie them up in the winter and like to send some off to be used in different regions. I just like to see people catch fish on them. Let me know how you do with the wild turkey jigs.

Brittany Chukarman, I will be giving those turkey feather jigs a try real soon. Black was the hot ticket the other night so I didn't want to mess with what was working. Next time out I will see what the turkey jig can do.

Cornell2012, here's a photo of some of the jigs Brittany Chukarman sent me.
Jigs_zpsnwphxbzc.jpg

Nice looking jigs, and a really nice gesture. I'd give those olive ones a try, you can never go wrong with that color.

JLS, those olive colored jigs are next on the agenda to try out. I'm looking forward to trying them both here on the many local creeks near my house, as well as, the Missouri River. You were the one that got me pointed in the right direction on the Missouri. Since then, I've got it figured out pretty well. The quality of fishing on that river is something to behold when it's hot. The only downside to the Missouri is that it certainly isn't a secret. It seems like the entire world descends upon it in July.

Do they work on bluegill/bass in the midwest? This warmer weather has me getting antsy!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back