Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

Twenty girls in my class, some were nice, some not so much.
Three is slim pickins for sure. You parted ways with your virginity the first week you were at MSU didn't you?
I had 3 in my class as well. Total of 8. I always brag to people that I graduated 4th in my class.

Bozeman has certainly changed a lot over the years. First time I was there was mid 90's and there was pretty much nothing between Belgrade and Bozeman but fields. Changed more by the time I was in grad school there, but I will say the last 15 years or so has been the biggest change. I barely recognize the place anymore when I am there. Even the campus, every time I come around a corner there is another new building that wasn't there when I was in school.

I had 3 in my class as well. Total of 8. I always brag to people that I graduated 4th in my class.
Got out of 8th grade first in a class of one. Not sure where I finished in high school, but it was no where near the top, Got it turned around at MSU.

Got out of 8th grade first in a class of one. Not sure where I finished in high school, but it was no where near the top, Got it turned around at MSU.
Nice. My kids then went to AA schools. More kids in their class than we had in the whole school by far.

I don’t find Bozeman all that bad. Different than the eighties for sure but what isn’t. We only go there for Cat games and besides the high price of hotels we always have a good time.

Bozeman has certainly changed a lot over the years. .... every time I come around a corner there is another new building that wasn't there when I was in school.
Came to Bozeman from GF in 1963 to attend "Cowtown" college. Other than 4 yrs military, have lived in Gallatin Valley since, with 47 years now just outside of Gallatin Gateway.
Hate to have to go to Bozeman now, but not much retail at Gateway, so we wait our turn to get out on Die-Way 191 and head to the city, where I swear around every corner there is a new building and a new subdivision that wasn't there last week!

I first passed through Bozeman in 2006 and thought it looked great, it became the place I dreamed about living in when I was stuck in other places. Now I dread ever having to pass through it.

I saw on the news this morning that Bozeman now has a Whole Foods. The transformation is complete?

I wonder how long it will be before the MT resident students can't even afford to live here for college.
My sister works for the university - I believe this last year was the first year that the incoming freshman class had more out-of-state students than residents.

resident students will be able to afford tuition no problem because they will have all became residents after first living in california, texas, and the upper class of the american south.

in not so many years, the only difference between colorado and montana will be the presence of g bears.

once big sky falls under the Vail umbrella the transformation will be complete. then you'll be hearing news of your first in-n-out a mile down the road from your first whole foods.

everyone start mentally preparing for the urban-rural divide politics that will batter your state's politics for decades. the widening highways that do little to help traffic.

better get your mule deer hunting in order to have something there worth living for!

FWIW colorado is still a damn fine place to live. so worse things could happen.

I saw on the news this morning that Bozeman now has a Whole Foods. The transformation is complete?
Yup. When we got Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, Outback, and multiple Starbucks, I warned my wife that Bozeman was sliding into the abyss. Now, with Whole Foods (and let's not forget the required Lululemon), I agree, the transformation is complete.

Odds are roughly 50/50 on whether I am willing to wait in the line at Wendy's on the handful of times I am there each year. I keep hoping and praying a Chik-Fil-A will be built. The Chik-Fil-A will be an utter cluster - a disaster of traffic that can hardly be described - but the Wendy's drive thrus will see some relief, raising my odds of acquiring a spicy chicken.

Yup. When we got Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, Outback, and multiple Starbucks, I warned my wife that Bozeman was sliding into the abyss. Now, with Whole Foods (and let's not forget the required Lululemon), I agree, the transformation is complete.
If it's really going to be complete they need a Trader Joes.

Admittedly, I travel to town about once a month to get cheaper goods and to indulge a bit (aka buy a Costco pizza and eat a slice while driving to a brewery). 20 years ago, when I lived in Ekalaka my boss sent me to BZN for a training. I was flabbergasted by town and would have moved to town in a heartbeat knowing even then it was out of reach for me. You couldn't pay me to live near there now and we get a ton of overflow here. I think Spectators had a cheap steak night that I want to say was like $8.

i've done the math. i used to have a spreadsheet.

costco fresh baked pizzas are damn near the best calorie per dollar food item you can find on god's green land called america.

the most cost effective indulgence per dollar spent if you will.

lil c's 5 dollar hot n readys weren't bad either.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back