Caribou Gear

Bourbon Connoisseurs

My go tos are Four Roses Single Barrel and when I’m tapping into my inner dirtbag and embracing my youth - Ancient Age. I drank too much of the latter this hunting season.

824B41E7-6640-4789-823E-D745991CA846.jpeg

@TN_Rifle_Junkie introduced me to Kingsnake and it is damn good too. Really nice.

I’m going Ling fishing here shortly and this is the mix for that.It’s full of danger.

130D0296-421B-4186-BF02-815B2F897FF2.jpeg

I'm interested to compare Four Rose's single barrel to the small batch select,.so the small batch select might be my next purchase. I like the single barrel so far, as well as Buffalo Trace. Makers is not for me.

On the lookout for Eagle Rare but it has proven to be rare indeed in my local area.

I'm wayyy late to the bourbon craze, but it does make the bourbon hunt a little more fun, I guess.

I'm interested to compare Four Rose's single barrel to the small batch select,.so the small batch select might be my next purchase. I like the single barrel so far, as well as Buffalo Trace. Makers is not for me.

On the lookout for Eagle Rare but it has proven to be rare indeed in my local area.

I'm wayyy late to the bourbon craze, but it does make the bourbon hunt a little more fun, I guess.
Eagle Rare is good at about $40-50. Don’t pay more than that. It comes from Buffalo Trace and everything they make is rare, so you see places jacking up prices.

I am a fan of Michter’s. Did you get the bourbon? You should should give their American Whiskey a try. The Sour Mash is good too.
It’s the bourbon. It and the rye seem to be what I see around, I will keep an eye out for the American Whiskey.

I'm a wheated fan so Larceny is always in the house. Jefferson very small batch was also good. Bulleit is the other that is always on hand.

Had no idea you were such a collector. How many bottles do you have? :)
I am not sure. Maybe 35-40 between home and the cabin. I open everything though (some are just waiting for the right occasion). I don’t buy something I don’t want to drink. I don’t own a single bottle of Blanton’s…😉

my most recent acquisition
A291B5DE-FFC7-431F-B39A-18427E6CC7F1.jpeg

I am not sure. Maybe 35-40 between home and the cabin. I open everything though (some are just waiting for the right occasion). I don’t buy something I don’t want to drink. I don’t own a single bottle of Blanton’s…😉

my most recent acquisition
View attachment 253901
Nice, I agree, why buy something that would just sit on the shelf. it's like buying a car just to put it in the garage and not drive it.

For anyone here who drinks Rebel, have you noticed a change in taste? I have a new bottle for a daily sipper and it tastes off. It used to fly off the shelf at the store near me, but now even on sale, it is just sitting there.

In 2016, I bought a bottle of Old Weller Antique 107 for sub $25. I’d never heard of it. I liked the bottle and the price. If I could go back in time, I’d tell myself to buy every bottle in town. It’s still my favorite by a long shot.

Well I added a couple more bourbons over thanksgiving. Tried another Van Winkle, a Weller, and a couple others I can’t remember because they weren’t memorable. The Old Rip was cool, but preferred the Weller. I’ve tried two Van Winkles now and they bother burned way more than they should have. I will say that the burn did compliment my cigar nicely.
A6CB655F-9D64-410A-A4E9-732362E0150F.jpeg

Back