Bogus Movie Hunting Scenes

Watched the movie “Big Jake” this week. His son Michael makes an impressive 500 yards running shot on a deer offhand. Since he swung the gun in an arc covering about 30 degrees in three seconds by my math the deer was running close to 200 mph.

Truly impressive shooting.

Pretty much every hunting or fishing scene in every movie...I've been telling my wife for years that I should hire out as a consultant specializing in hunting and fishing scenes for movie/tv production, she doesn't understand why I get so annoyed at red stags showing up in the mountain West, deer that make elk sounds, people who hold spinning reels upside down, and other things of that nature.

Most hunting scenes in movies are bad. Scenes where the setting is in NA usually have exotic animals, the kill shot looks completely ridiculous or they somehow manage to stalk a trophy to 20 yards by wandering in the woods.

I want a movie hunting scene where they don't see sh*t or get winded and have an old doe stomp its feet and blow at them for 10 minutes.

But also, the overwhelming majority of people have no clue what hunting looks like so maybe those film makers have it figured out.

They just have no real expertise, at it. They aren't inclined to spend much money making it perfectly realistic, since the large percentage of the audience, won't know the difference.

My pet peeve, since getting horses, is the terrible horsemanship on display in every western.

Most hunting scenes in movies are bad. Scenes where the setting is in NA usually have exotic animals, the kill shot looks completely ridiculous or they somehow manage to stalk a trophy to 20 yards by wandering in the woods.

I want a movie hunting scene where they don't see sh*t or get winded and have an old doe stomp its feet and blow at them for 10 minutes.

But also, the overwhelming majority of people have no clue what hunting looks like so maybe those film makers have it figured out.
When they hear about Dick Cheney it's no wonder:
1702927751574.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back