Caribou Gear Tarp

Bob Costas' Commentary

Messed up media. I read on Yahoo news about the Wyoming attack where some kid shot his dad the school teacher with a "high powered bow and arrow" Now I have been bow hunting for a pretty long time and i have never heard of such a weapon but I am sure that if "high powered bows" were banned this would not have happened, let alone the murder of the woman with the knife a little earlier. After all, it is the weapons fault right??:rolleyes:

Howard Cosell proved that being impersonable was the most important aspect regarding achieving media notoriety.

Messed up media. I read on Yahoo news about the Wyoming attack where some kid shot his dad the school teacher with a "high powered bow and arrow" :

Made the front page of the Billings Rag. I'm starting to think it may have been a cross bow.

The way I read in some other articles is that they were comparing our new "high powered bows" with one you would think the Indians would of used (long bow). That's kind of how they explained it.

Costas is going to be interviewed by Dan Patrick in a couple minutes. Not that it matters, but I'm interested to hear.

The murder and suicide committed by Belcher was a tragedy. I believe a more pertinent question that could have been posed by Whitlock and Costas would have been if illegal steroid use and/or other performance enhancing drugs may have been the cause. Or given the recent information concerning concussions and head injuries, if that may have been an underlying reason.

Instead, the usual liberal approach of taking a tragedy and using it to sensationalize a biased view was once again used in an effort to stir sentiment and create an emotional response geared towards gathering support for the anti-gun groups.

But, hey, this was NBC, and they never fail to sensationalize any issue when it comes to a gun being involved......can anyone say Trayvon?

The murder and suicide committed by Belcher was a tragedy. I believe a more pertinent question that could have been posed by Whitlock and Costas would have been if illegal steroid use and/or other performance enhancing drugs may have been the cause. Or given the recent information concerning concussions and head injuries, if that may have been an underlying reason.

Instead, the usual liberal approach of taking a tragedy and using it to sensationalize a biased view was once again used in an effort to stir sentiment and create an emotional response geared towards gathering support for the anti-gun groups.

But, hey, this was NBC, and they never fail to sensationalize any issue when it comes to a gun being involved......can anyone say Trayvon?

^^^^well said.

the point is the NFL created this monster; not guns. read between the lines. 25 year old driving a Bentley with a girlfriend and a 3 month old baby. he was found that morning sleeping in his car after a night of drinking. the total picture of irresponsibility. they pay these clowns millions and lead them to believe they are invincible and unaccountable for their actions. and we are surprised when they do something stupid? it just took OJ longer to get caught.

the point is the NFL created this monster; not guns. read between the lines. 25 year old driving a Bentley with a girlfriend and a 3 month old baby. he was found that morning sleeping in his car after a night of drinking. the total picture of irresponsibility. they pay these clowns millions and lead them to believe they are invincible and unaccountable for their actions. and we are surprised when they do something stupid? it just took OJ longer to get caught.

All the money comes from the public. We the people, spend Billions on football. Even if you never watch a game, a portion of everyone's cable bill eventually gets to a NFL player. If you buy any major brand of any product in America, some of your money goes to an NFL player. Coke, Pepsi, Budweiser, Miller, Under Armor, Nike, Reebok, Head and Shoulders, Old Spice, all of them have NFL players on their payroll.

Hell, here in Allegheny county we pay an extra 1% in sales tax to pay for the pro sports stadiums in Pittsburgh.

He was just following the "chosen" ones concept of "Never let a good crisis go to waste":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good riddence. It would have been better if Costas went with him. Those over-paid clowns make their own beds and need no sympathy. You make ghetto losers into millionaires and that is what you get.

Let the left-wing flaming begin!:hump: I have no sympathy for them.

Good riddence. It would have been better if Costas went with him. Those over-paid clowns make their own beds and need no sympathy. You make ghetto losers into millionaires and that is what you get.

Let the left-wing flaming begin!:hump: I have no sympathy for them.

No flaming, just thought it was so well done that it needed to be quoted.

Good job sir.

[picking cotton]

I noticed that Costas blamed the organized gun lobby without naming the NRA for the rapid responses he had received that were upset with his commentary. To my way of thinking, that was another dig at gun owners and advocates of the Second Amendment. His explanation of how and why he picked the "gun culture" to highlight in his address didn't ring true to me. I still believe his commentary should have focused on what possible ramifications of head injuries or illegal performance enhancing drugs would have been a much more relevant topic. The interview of Patrick was nothing but damage control and spin, which are always the liberal response when they've been caught with their pants down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back