MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bitcoin - Cryptocurrency

A guy can never go wrong with land, or at least that’s what my father always told me. I agree to an extent. We will always require space to exist, whether for food, shelter or water. The issue is, if there is an economic collapse, you face a liquidity issue. So hypothetically speaking, you’re going to head to the grocery store to trade 0.001 acres for a shopping cart full of food you can’t grow or raise on your land? Or are you selling your land for something like bitcoin, and the market is inundated with land because of numerous people in the exact same situation? Imo a guy needs to diversify. Own the land, but also invest in other avenues to ensure easier liquidity.

Warren's not a fan....

"Cryptocurrencies basically have no value and they don’t produce anything,” he said. “In terms of value: zero. I don’t have any cryptocurrency and I never will.” It isn’t the first time Buffett speaks against digital coins. In 2018, the American business magnate called bitcoin “probably rat poison squared.” He also described the decentralized digital currency as “mirage,” “not a currency,” and “tulips.”

Warren's not a fan....

"Cryptocurrencies basically have no value and they don’t produce anything,” he said. “In terms of value: zero. I don’t have any cryptocurrency and I never will.” It isn’t the first time Buffett speaks against digital coins. In 2018, the American business magnate called bitcoin “probably rat poison squared.” He also described the decentralized digital currency as “mirage,” “not a currency,” and “tulips.”
Damn dude you just hate bitcoin huh? You hate bitcoin or Tesla more?

I'm a huge Buffet fan but he also said for years and years that he would never buy the airlines and then he did in the years before Covid.

Warren's not a fan....

i mean, buffett may be buffett, and i will never cross the man, but he's still a boomer ;)

i'm not upset about my current crypto portfolio that's like +110 percent over it's short life right now, nor will i be all that upset if it drops to nothing

Last edited:
i mean, buffett may be buffett, and i will never cross the man, but he's still a boomer ;)

i'm not upset about my current crypto portfolio that's like +110 percent over it's short life right now, nor will i be all that upset if it drops to nothing
Sounds like a $20 bet on the roulette table. 😉

Sounds like a $20 bet on the roulette table. 😉

exactly.

gambling, at least for the non addicted, is more about fun that making money - though i do think the odds are pretty good for my crypto wallets

anyone who doesn't understand that sentiment (boomers, cough cough ;) ) would overall just cringe at what goes on in my robinhood account

exactly.

gambling, at least for the non addicted, is more about fun that making money - though i do think the odds are pretty good for my crypto wallets

anyone who doesn't understand that sentiment (boomers, cough cough ;) ) would overall just cringe at what goes on in my robinhood account
I suppose. I also cringe at your dental hygiene FWIW.😉

Damn dude you just hate bitcoin huh? You hate bitcoin or Tesla more?

I'm a huge Buffet fan but he also said for years and years that he would never buy the airlines and then he did in the years before Covid.
Don't worry about BHR, he hates most everything.
I have been keeping my mind on ETF GBTC. Each share is .0009808 of a BTC. The problems are two fold 1) the ETF traded at a 6.5% premium to NAV (BTC 37,800 * .0009808 = $37.07, the ETF price is $39.33, ugh) and 2) it has an annual fee of 2%. I might trade it when the volatility of BTC goes crazy, but not a long-term hold at a 2% fee.
I am excited to set up the same love-hate relationship with Bitcoin that I have had with gold over the last 20yrs. I love the idea of holding it, and then hate it soon after I purchase it.

Don't worry about BHR, he hates most everything.
I have been keeping my mind on ETF GBTC. Each share is .0009808 of a BTC. The problems are two fold 1) the ETF traded at a 6.5% premium to NAV (BTC 37,800 * .0009808 = $37.07, the ETF price is $39.33, ugh) and 2) it has an annual fee of 2%. I might trade it when the volatility of BTC goes crazy, but not a long-term hold at a 2% fee.
I am excited to set up the same love-hate relationship with Bitcoin that I have had with gold over the last 20yrs. I love the idea of holding it, and then hate it soon after I purchase it.
Jeez louise. Are we talking about an investment here, or some woman on a dating app.?

I like investments where the companies actually produce a product that people use on an everyday basis. Stupid, I know.
Blather on SAJ-99 why any of these companies are a bad investment today.😉

Jeez louise. Are we talking about an investment here, or some woman on a dating app.?

I like investments where the companies actually produce a product that people use on an everyday basis. Stupid, I know.
Blather on SAJ-99 why any of these companies are a bad investment today.😉
I'm with you 100%. I like free cash flow for my investments, but I like high volatility for things I trade. I don't care why. The hard part about the present day is we all use and rely on products every day that we can't see or feel.

Investing is like hockey and as Gretzky said, you have to skate where the puck is going, even if a lot of times it won't make a lot of sense. Energy sector up 15% YTD. That is where being "cheap" helps. But I'm not married to any of those companies. ;)

Give some examples of these products.
Every cloud computing co - AMZN, Rackspace, Snowflake (Hunt talk data isn't stored in Big Fin's basement)
Every semiconductor co -Intel, AMD, Invidia, etc. (ok, you can see and feel these, but I doubt you pay much attention to them)
Every software security co - crowdstrike, Mcafee
Even first like Visa and MasterCard don't make anything but are almost impossible to live without.
American Tower, if you use a cell phone...

This economy seems to revolve around the ephemeral.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back