Bit the Boolit

idnative1948

This evening. Commited to putting in for moose hunt in SE Idaho with a good friend and had to break the news to guys in our hunting camp (deer/elk) that I have been hunting with for 30+ years. Their comment, "It's on your bucket list you fool."
Something totally new to me, so a little trepidation on my part at the age of 62 going into something I have never done. Any pointers from you young jocks?

Yeah, ....Have fun! Moose are easy to hunt. Get the tag and you'll have a blast.

1. Draw the tag, results are always out prior to the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend.

2. If drawn, go hunt moose the first week of Oct or last week of Sept.

You can still go hunt elk with the buds if it's a general season unit.

What are the draw odds? You could be hunting with your old buds for many, many more years before that moose tag ever comes to your mailbox

Just to keep you stoked, here's a bull BOY took in ID last year.

Picture_153.jpg

I really like the tee shirt there Ultra. Of course I would never go to a place like that.;)

Ahhh the bush co. A fine establishment.

Did you know they do weddings there? ........

Too bad that logo is taken. Imagine that T-Shirt with "On Your Own Adventures" Printed underneath.

Ahhh the bush co. A fine establishment.

Did you know they do weddings there? ........

Too bad that logo is taken. Imagine that T-Shirt with "On Your Own Adventures" Printed underneath.

Seems if a guy plays his cards right he doesn't end up with an OYOA after leaving, least thats what I heard from guy who knows a guy.:hump:

yea my wife and I are going too put in, did alot of research on some easily accessible area's and easiest too draw, so hopefully we will draw, but i'm not putting in till the end of the month, don't want too give the Idaho F&G my money too soon, who knows you may not get it back.....:W:
Matt

After looking through your guys` draw odds, I kind of wish MT would go to once in a lifetime.

Holy crap 1 Pointer that friend of yours has had some good luck in the trophy species draws! I've seen pictures of him with a goat, a sheep, and now a moose within the past several years. He must have rubbed his applications with bananas so that the monkeys at the fish and game would draw his name more often.

He is lucky. He's drawn a mtn goat, sheep, and moose tags in ID in 5 years. Now if I could just put in with him...

I really like the tee shirt there Ultra. Of course I would never go to a place like that.;)
Love the shirt too! My wife and I got a nice black tshirt that said we rode the velvet box! We did too!!!! I wish I could remember half of that night in Anchorage!!!:eek:

Back