PEAX Equipment

Bipod

JohnCushman

I've been thinking about putting a bi pod on a couple of my rifles. What does anyone recommend? I'd like to get one that I can still have my sling on, and high enough to take sitting and kneeling shots.

I have a couple of these Harris bipods and like them. They attach to the sling swivel, but provide an attachment for your sling, and work well for sitting shots.

Oak, exactly what I was going to post!

And, in the spirit of the other thread........"Cushman's rifle should be perking the Harris bipod". Or another flavor..."Cushman's rifle will run best with the Harris bipod". :D

I have used both the Snipe Pod and the Harris Pod. They both have their perks. The Snipe pod is lighter and more versitile (can use on sidehill or up/downhill shots). It is a little more work to get the legs connected quietly, but doable. The Harris Pod is rock solid, but it weighs as much as a solid rock! I hate using my sling carry with it, because it is sooo top heavy. However, It is very easy to set up quietly, but is not quite as versitile for sidehill or up/downhill shots. Just my $ 0..02 worth :)

I use the Stoney Point Rapid Pivot. Lightweight, snaps on and off and is very solid and very easy to adjust.

Get the Harris swivel model, then you can use it on a slope.
I have had mine for what must be 15 years and it has never given me a spot of trouble, i bought a cheap copy, shooters ridge i think it was called, for my .22 which is fine but it has started to rust.
Where is the quality Harris bipod manufactured?
Must be a quality country.
Cheers
Richard

Make sure to get one that swivels. Mine doesn't and I'm always wishing I would have looked harded for one. I'd also get one that extends long enough to use while sitting. Again mine doesn't and....

I use the Stoney Point Rapid Pivot. Lightweight, snaps on and off and is very solid and very easy to adjust.

X 2. I really like mine. I bought 2, one with the kneeling length sticks and one with the prone length sticks and I hardly ever use the prone sticks, but having 2 of the pieces that attach to my rifles I can use the kneeling length sticks on whichever one I'm using at the time.

Here's a picture of it attached to the gun.
2011_NM_Muley2.jpg

It seems to snap on and off pretty quietly to me. It is easy to adjust for side hills and will pivot also. You can adjust the height by either extending the legs out farther or by widening the stance on it. I carry the sticks in a side pocket on my backpack and you can pull them out and pop them on in seconds. They are very lightweight. You can also see that it works with a sling.

Here's a picture of what it looks like when the sticks aren't attached to the gun.
2009_Muledeer1ar.jpg

Here's my other gun that I have them setup on with the prone length sticks.
rra_pp.jpg

I think the prone length sticks aren't worth messing with though, they aren't tall enough to clear if you have any vegatation at all.

I really am surprised more people don't use them, they are relatively inexpensive.

Last edited:
I have used both the Harris and the snipe pod, and I like using the snipe pod better. The snipe pod is much lighter and you can use it fully extended for a sitting shot or keep it folded up for a prone shot. They are very steady and can be used for any shot angle. Hope this helps.

CABugle

The Harris 13"-27" is perfect for sitting down and making a good steady shot. I bought mine this year for my antelope hunt and love it. It also is the "S" model which pivots so that the gun doesn't have to be exactly level.

Thanks for all the info guys. Schmalts has them for the best price I've seen so far. I'll definitely be getting one after the holidays from you.

I bought 2 new polecat bi-pods before I even used one. I hate it. If you pm me with your address I will ship it to you free. If you dont like it just give it to someone else.

The Harris 13"-27" is perfect for sitting down and making a good steady shot. I bought mine this year for my antelope hunt and love it. It also is the "S" model which pivots so that the gun doesn't have to be exactly level.

I have one like this and love it. In my opinion the "swivel" is a must. One other note.... I am 6'2" and I thought that the 27" was a little too high when sitting down. Yes, I know that you can lower the legs, however, the one that goes to 25" was perfect when extended fully. No messing around getting the legs extended to the correct height.

good luck to all
the dog

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back