Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

I look forward to taking my 3 kids to the Bears Paw and shooting bulls on our general tags this fall.

In fact, I love a good party at camp and have a lot of experience helping other people kill elk. If anyone from the forum draws a general tag, it would be cool to have 20-30 people in camp to help us get those bull numbers back down to “objective.”

As a responsible resident of Montana who cares about the needs of our landowners to keep elk numbers down to socially acceptable levels, I would gladly help coordinate a massive Hunttalk effort to have members converge on the boundaries of outfitted and leased property in limited entry areas this fall.
We might not be able to kill all of those 6x6 grass varmits, but I bet we can put a pretty good dent in the population.

FWP will probably be happy with our efforts because it will make yearly success rates skyrocket and increase demand for licenses next year.

Some of you folks who don’t draw a license this year would still be welcome in camp. It’s going to take a lot of packers to get all these bulls back to the truck.

Are helicopters effective at spooking elk off of private property?

Asking for a friend....

long range shooting should be required, as should cross bows with laser range finders and battery operated LED lights or better yet why not make night vision required.

Ben wasn't going to check back here, did by accident. I have to agree, if this includes unlimited rifle in these areas it was not to smart. The potential to kill every elk in the Missouri River Breaks is real. I hope it passes before NR application deadline, as I will suspend deer hunting and help with the coming slaughter....

On second thought

Might be able to make more money packing out dead elk for the DIY guys, so call me if this goes thru I will buy 40 mules, put the kid and 10 other packers on horses and haul elk out for a grand a piece. If we pack out 3300 dead elk I make a lot, that is a way be better deal than taking guys hunting...plus I would not have to feel guilty for killing all the elk in the breaks. I would be able to look you, Randy and Big Shooter in the eye and buy beers with my winnings. :) and have enough money that I could afford to import 10 head of elk to the breaks and start over, I am a humanitarian after all. I would want a brand(not my own) put on the 10 head I buy though, for nostalgia and posterity not for ownership.

long range shooting should be required, as should cross bows with laser range finders and battery operated LED lights or better yet why not make night vision required.

Ben wasn't going to check back here, did by accident. I have to agree, if this includes unlimited rifle in these areas it was not to smart. The potential to kill every elk in the Missouri River Breaks is real. I hope it passes before NR application deadline, as I will suspend deer hunting and help with the coming slaughter....

On second thought

Might be able to make more money packing out dead elk for the DIY guys, so call me if this goes thru I will buy 40 mules, put the kid and 10 other packers on horses and haul elk out for a grand a piece. If we pack out 3300 dead elk I make a lot, that is a way be better deal than taking guys hunting...plus I would not have to feel guilty for killing all the elk in the breaks. I would be able to look you, Randy and Big Shooter in the eye and buy beers with my winnings. :) and have enough money that I could afford to import 10 head of elk to the breaks and start over, I am a humanitarian after all. I would want a brand(not my own) put on the 10 head I buy though, for nostalgia and posterity not for ownership.
Book about 20 of those mules for us Hunttalkers. I want to kill one more bull before they are reduced to “objective.”

I know a guy with a 5th wheel that would be fun to pull into that gumbo! 😉 think he would go for it?
Only if the NR’s bring DVDs of classic westerns to watch on the big screen as we recover from the day’s grass varmint slaughter.

Just think if montana managed like a smart business man. Just one example. Montana charged $18 instead of $1.50 an aum say over the last 20 years. And turned around and purchased land during that time with that money. How many acres is that over 20 yrs that know would be public and would we the public land hunter even be having these conversations.

Back