Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

Bills like this are the reason why if there is a different administration and the opportunity to ban outfitters altogether were presented, I would vote for it gladly.
They have shown time and time again that they care for nothing else except their wallets. Not the resource, not the people across the state who share that resource. Not anything except what they think will benefit them.
I am so pissed, I say stick it to them in the place it really hurts them. Ban the commercial opportunity to guide for the taking of wildlife, just like the sale of wildlife for meat and profit was banned decades ago.

Sorry about the decent people who would loose their livelihoods in the process.

i would vote to ban outfitters in a heart beat they are the continued commercialization of wildlife.

Just think if montana managed like a smart business man. Just one example. Montana charged $18 instead of $1.50 an aum say over the last 20 years. And turned around and purchased land during that time with that money. How many acres is that over 20 yrs that know would be public and would we the public land hunter even be having these conversations.
Montana charged $12.82 an AUM last year.

Just saying we could of bought alot of acres by now and would prob would not be dealing with alot of this BS.

Just saying we could of bought alot of acres by now and would prob would not be dealing with alot of this BS.
Chad, I appreciate your passion on the subject, but it’s a lot more complicated than that. AG is a large part of MT’s economy and it’s not really an option for the state to start buying out ranchers. Most of our issue is management practices and the fact that we allow elk and deer to be hunted for 11 weeks which effectively moves many of the elk on to private.

Yes totally agree, ranchers def have a huge impact and place in mt. But if we were too buy mountains/recreational areas such as dome mountain rancn, wilks ranch ect when they become available again. We get rid of the big $$$ places that are pushing alot of this and gain more public land. The actual ranchers yes would always be needed.

Yes totally agree, ranchers def have a huge impact and place in mt. But if we were too buy mountains/recreational areas such as dome mountain rancn, wilks ranch ect when they become available again. We get rid of the big $$$ places that are pushing alot of this and gain more public land. The actual ranchers yes would always be needed.
You the think the state is going to buy the N Bar from the wilks bros for the General public to hunt ? This is planet earth

I honestly don’t even know where to start here.

Iam just saying alot of dude ranches such as dome mountain, wilks ect sell often. Which are the ones behind alot of these bills. If montana ran it like a business. Yes we could purchase alot of land. Just to be fair say we charge $15 an aum. With that it benifits the public and a true rancher. Actual ranchers would have more grazing at $15 an aum. Just thinking

Iam just saying alot of dude ranches such as dome mountain, wilks ect sell often. Which are the ones behind alot of these bills. If montana ran it like a business. Yes we could purchase alot of land. Just to be fair say we charge $15 an aum. With that it benifits the public and a true rancher. Actual ranchers would have more grazing at $15 an aum. Just thinking
A friend used to sneak alot of horn off Dome Mountain.
This was before OnX.

Iam just saying it seems that big dude ranches with outfitters and $$$$$$ are controlling mt fwp. The only way i see that changing is buying these places when they come up for sale. Making them public lands for all to hunt, fish whatever. Allow cattle to graze there for fair market value or even a break 80 percent. The 99 percent would benifit. Plus we would get rid of assholed trying to privatize hunting. So in 20 yrs how much land could the state buy but by doing that it is profitable by grazing.

Gonna have to invite me if you’re wanting old mil.
Of course! you live amongst the best and tastiest ol mill around. Nothing more refreshing than cracking a ol mill on the high line. So with that it only makes sense you come. I'll take a order for 6 30s please....

Iam just saying it seems that big dude ranches with outfitters and $$$$$$ are controlling mt fwp. The only way i see that changing is buying these places when they come up for sale. Making them public lands for all to hunt, fish whatever. Allow cattle to graze there for fair market value or even a break 80 percent. The 99 percent would benifit. Plus we would get rid of assholed trying to privatize hunting. So in 20 yrs how much land could the state buy but by doing that it is profitable by grazing.
I hope you’ve figured out by now the government isn’t working for the 99%.

Back