PEAX Equipment

Big bucks management?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Legitimate hunt to me is Any hunting opertunity <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moosie..
Just because something is legal, does that necessarily make right???
there are alot of things that are both legal and illegal that make absolutly no sense.
Some things legit or not just don't seem right.
I wouldn't want to pick a buck from a line up of pics, and then pay for it. I wouldn't be one bit proud of that.
Now a guided hunt in say the wilderness area where you are still chasing truely wild critters I would do in a heart beat, there is no guarantee at all, and you are still going to have to earn it.
hump.gif

If hunting gets to the point that it is all about BUYING an animal the essence of hunting, the tradition, (hell I hunt in places where my great grandfather hunted), the friendship, (I always enjoy the people I am with.) ect ect is all lost, that is a bigger threat than PETA.....

"there are alot of things that are both legal and illegal that make absolutly no sense." Huh?

"Now a guided hunt in say the wilderness area where you are still chasing truely wild critters I would do in a heart beat, there is no guarantee at all, and you are still going to have to earn it.
hump.gif
"

Chasing just don't seem right, you're supposed to sneak up on them in real hunting, but the hunt sounds good anyway.

How much for one of those?

"that it is all about BUYING an animal the essence of hunting,"

No one says it is all about that, except maybe you, right here, the way you think about it. The guy saw the deer and wanted to hunt that one, he didn't pick it out of an album. He was hunting and saw it and wanted to hunt it. Its not about buying a deer, its about hunting it.

No, for you it's about $$$$$$$$$$$
hump.gif

and that is what will ruin hunting ..
You don't see hunting as a tradition, heritage, annual rite ect ect. you see a buck for 4,500$$$$
Kaching kaching kaching
soapbox.gif

Hunting isn't about the biggest buck or $$$$
it is alot more personal.

I was trying to point out you ignore the money on the wilderness hunt and just see the money on another hunt, which is missing the point, they both cost money, they both are hunting. I didn't do a good job of it, but I just gave it another try.

There's a lot of tradition in a red stag and you wish they weren't even here. The King's used to kill the surfs for messing with them, not any more, anybody can get one here, if they want. That's got a lot of significance and its possible here, because of those high fence places. It adds to everything that public hunting is, it doesn't take squat away from it, it adds to it.

Later.

280, does your Japanese truck have aftermarket bumpers and bullshit on it along with plates that say 280 REM?

greeny,,what the hell are you babbling about?truck? bumper? If you are making a joke I don`t get it.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-06-2003 07:56: Message edited by: 280 ]</font>

Greeny, I think he's just denying the Fact that it was him that you saw on the Freeway.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
You should have taken a picture of his rig !!! It would have been worth bunche's
smile.gif
PS< Look up his P/Y bear and deer he's killing, I think he's put about 78 in the books by now
tongue.gif

Mike, Let's talk hunting Idaho In General. I know I won't change your mind but read what I have to say Anyways.

YOU say it's not about a "BIG BUCK" yet everyone is hunting for a big buck. Hell, Some people have even shot a big buck off the road before. If it's about the hunt, why pull the trigger if it's not over 5 miles back in ? Becasue you've "Earned" it ? give me a break, It's ALWAYS about a big critter unless it's a meat hunt. I.E. a cow or doe draw. And lemme tell ya, 95% of people say it's about the meat and realistically the numbers are switched. If you don't know that for a fact you're BLIND !! I'm sure it's more like 5% that are truely meat hunting, hell, MAybe up to 6%. That's some made up shit that people that can't killl big critters say. I was only meat hunting that's why I shot a forked horn.. I could have killed may 200 class bucks, I just didn't want to.
rolleyes.gif

Picing bucks from a lineup ? Come on... where do you get your info
smile.gif

..and "I wouldn't be one bit proud of that."

Guys with comments like that get out of the Shower to Pee. It's obsurd. Everyone is "PROUD" of different things. My boy is Swimming, I'm Proud, He's in lessons but didn't learn it from me... MAybe I shouldn't be "Proud" because of that ? I own a nice painting, I'm proud to hang it. Yet.... I didn't paint it so Why be proud to hang it ? My house, My car, YEppers, Didn't build them, yet I'm proud to live in them in the Area I live in.... Is that wrong... NO, And why ? Ohh hya, Cuz my buddies won't say anything about it....

Hunting will always be about Friendship, "THE ESSENCE", and the tradition... Just becasue.

Tom is talking about hunting Public Lands NOT behind a fence in texas and you guys are still Bashing him.. You think PETA is the Problem ?!?!

MAybe a few people should look in the Mirror....

Moosie..
Me, my wife, father in law, a couple brothers, ect ect, all put in for an either sex deer hunt. do you think we did that because killing the biggest fricking critter on the hill is the goal??
Sure I would be thrilled beyond words to take a monster..I already have.
I will be thrilled to take a smal buck or even a doe.
Hell the biggest thrill for me this year is going to be watching Tara blast her first Elk.
(A COW PERMIT)
But the best part is going to be the time spent with My wife, friends, and family.

I just get a bad taste in my mouth when Tom talks of $$$ for this size $$$$$$$ for this size, I wipe their buts for this much $$$ I hold their hand while they step out of the truck for this much $$$
blah blah blah.
If you don't get that, wait until those fine young boys are old enough to hunt along side of you. I guarantee your perspective will change.

Hells bells, I didn't ever see such a smart post from Moosie before. What a smart guy!! How do I frame that post? I want to hang it next to something. Its pretty memorable, sort of like the one where 280 liked the ass on a deer, one of the memorable ones for me.

Greenhorn hunts for $20 and takes a guy for a similar hunt for $12,000 bucks and one big bull. That's pro-hunting or prostitution? Its just different hunting for different folks to me. Moosie's last post is really good by me.

great post michael, but Tom doesn`t get it,,,Texas is the whore house of the hunting world and thats nothing to be proud of.

I guess if anyone would know about whorehouses, it would be 280..

The fact remains, if you live in a state where all the land is privately held, and you want to hunt, you either go away to another state, or you pay the price for the hunt. I seriously doubt that any of us covers 10,000 acres in a hunt unless we count the area we glass. So unless you are sitting on a feeder, not much different from sitting on stand in the woods. Eh?

cool.gif

danny boy if you don`t know the difference then you are dumber then I thought, and that my friend would be hard to do

MIKE...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> But the best part is going to be the time spent with My wife, friends, and family.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen... And whether it's a Game farm, or on Public land, that IS what it's about. And that's all we're trying to say... Thanx you !!!

What would you do if you were like Tom (Besides shoot yourself
wink.gif
) and lived in astate that had hunting, but most of it was Private land. Would you give it up ? Or would you make the best of it and still have fun, Share time with kids, Ect. It's hard to think that way becasue there is Public land Friggin Everywere here. But try to think that way.

Do you think people hunting Turners ranch (Not fenced) has less of a chance to shoot a bull then a game farm... YAh, probably, But probable not much. Ask Greeny how many Elk they Bugled in last year... I'm guesing more then one......."hundred" that is. Just wondering if that isn't "HUNTING" either ?

Ok so what is the difference between a bait station in a 10,000 acre enclosed area and food plot attached to an 80 acre timber surrounded by bare dirt?

Greenhorn, great. I'm sure you'll have something good to say on this topic. You remember, a high fence, no matter how big, its an error. It misses the point of animals running, hiding, being hunted. Take the earth, we're trapped here, no matter how small, right Greenhorn? Same thing, maybe, high fence ranch, the earth, we just hunt them. Except maybe for elk, I don't think you see it that way with elk.
What, can go into space? The universe is limited to, now there's some real hunting, still limited though. The main thing, the point of hunting, is that they can run, they can hide, if so, its hunting.

And.. Is running deer with Hounds "ETHICAL" hunting ? Because ALOT of people do that too...

Is this about big buck Managing any more ? I didn't even read the first page
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

OK. Oh enlightened one.. please explain to me the difference between sitting on a stand over a water hole, on a piece of open forrest, sitting on a stand on a 10,000 acre farm in Iowa, sitting on a stand on your own 10,000 acre farm in Nebraska, and sitting on a stand on a 10,000 acre ranch in Texas? ..Please.. splain me Lucy??

cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-06-2003 12:36: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

Tom, put away the crack pipe would you. Speaking of outer space, you are familiar with that place I'm sure.

I'm flabbergasted that any sane person would pay 6000 to shoot a frikkin whitetail deer!! 750 for a dink ass young buck?? WTF? And to top it off, they get you as a guide! Holy shit what a bargain! Where do I sign up? Ted Turner lets people shoot bison on his ranch for less than that!! You think 100 dollars for a doe is a deal? I don't want my wife to learn any shopping habits from you! You need help.

Fact is, you could give me a $1,000,000 spending limit on Texas game farms and I wouldn't trade it for my 64 dollar 2003 MT sportsman's license. I mean that seriously.

Have fun in Texas. In a month I'll hopefully have some MT animal blood on my arrows. If I do, you can bet your ass it'll be well worth the 20 dollars or less I spent on the license.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back