Big bucks management?

Moosie.. Here are some quotes from this thread, maybe they will give you an idea as to why this gives me a bad taste.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The owner of this place has a photo album of the bucks there. He decides what year, he'll let people shoot them, but he discusses with the hunters too, to decide.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He has buck deer hunts starting at $750 for a cull buck 8 pointer less than 16 inches in spread and goes up to $4500. My hunter from last weekend and this coming weekend is probably going to get a $4500 one, but shoot it next year when it is 6 1/2. The deer he liked is only 5 1/2 this year, so he'll hunt him next year <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I got a 16x camera. We sit in blinds, they work pretty good. We throw out corn too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I know a guy who put out 500 lbs of corn during deer season <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Its more like what you probably saw on TV than the normal hunt here.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The wide 12+ point one can be shot this year. He was a 9 point last year, but an 11 point the year before. This year, someone will shoot him for $4500 probably.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Guide duties: open the gate, gut the animal, help get him to town, collect the money, trail the animal, watch the shot, throw out the corn, drive the hunter around <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I got a kidney stone from dehydration a few years back, doing this so much. It was then that I learned to put bottled water all over the place on the ranch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Damn I think I will do the same back in the wilderness area
rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey 280, what do you think of the Texas state record archery buck? I posted a link to a story on that. It scored over 230. It was a real hunt, walk in, no bait, bow, public land, and its the state record. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
so are you saying the other hunts aren't real???

Support all hunting! period! or you will have to join PETA, like buzz will [eventualy]>>>>>>>Whisky for my men>>>Beer for my horses>> DO da

Why would that make him a Putz ? You ever buy a Drawing yo didn't paint ? or a Car you didn't build ?

"Him" being a Putz Meaning me or anyone else ya dipchit...
rolleyes.gif

Plus, I don't own a mount (YET) that I didn't shoot. But I will own a pair of Chineese Mandrins some day !!! But you never answered my question, but I'd expect nothing less...

Support hunting wild native wildlife on public land or join PETA.

Let the $4500 whitetail buyers fend for themselves.

HAHA.. Thats not Puddy, It's your 2" old Shrivled Pecker
eek.gif

We're all laughing and thinking you're a Dumb ass AT you, not "with" you, Remember that 280
biggrin.gif
Although if Me making you look stupid is What you call Puddy, then so be it
elkgrin.gif

You making stupid posts then saying I'm puddy is a Good one, LONG LIVE 280 !!!
rolleyes.gif

Hey, We're all getting side tracked.. I want the All wise All knowing 279 1/2 to answer the question I asked.... and please, no classy answers like ." If you don't know, I can't explain it."... Try to answer the question for real.. Use logic... Make sense.. That's a lot to ask, but try...

cool.gif

Buzz, would you support hunting on private land, if they gave it to you free?

Say a person supports public hunting as you say above, should they also support any private land hunting or not?

Maybe you work on public huhting support so much, you don't worry about any other hunting, as you say, let them fend for themselves.

Tom, depends on what you mean in regard to free hunting on private land.

In states like MT, WY, etc. where the land is not fenced in with high wire, yeah I do, and would hunt PUBLIC wildlife on PRIVATE land. I wouldnt pay a trespass fee, and I know that its cost me some trophy game on the wall, but I dont care. I have a set of ethics and beliefs that wont allow me to pay some landowner to hunt wildlife that I own. I dont care if others do though.

I've found that I can usually find good quality animals on public lands, but it takes more effort, research, and DEDICATION to the sport...it aint the easy way out.

As far as free hunting say in Texas on a game ranch, no I dont care if it was free, I still wouldnt hunt behind the high fences. I had a great opportunity to hunt Blackbuck, Auodad, mouflon, axis, and fallow a few years back, it wasnt free but about as close to free as that type of hunt could be. One of my buddies went, bagged several blackbucks, several auodads, a mouflon, I guess about twelve critters in all for about 700 bucks. It wasnt hunting though, and he admitted that right out, it was a bloodbath.

Anyway, I was invited and didnt go, and I dont regret not going one bit. After what my buddy told me, I wouldnt go if it was free. If the landowner paid me to kill some of his exotics, paid me mileage or bought me a plane ticket, I might think about it.

Back