BHA Rendezvous 2016

I heard you guys being mentioned at the banquet last night, but never made the connection. I'm sure there were a lot more hunttalkers there that I didn't meet, but it was great to meet and hang out with everyone that I did see.

Well that was fun. 3000+ at brewfest. 1000 in the seminars. 560 for the banquet. Would have had more but the Fire Marshall said no. Posewitz said it best: "The energy in this room is just electric." And we're just upping the voltage. Thanks Big Fin and the rest of the Hunt Talkers who made it a success. See you in 2017.

As always when I'm around a bunch of true sportsman, the conversation is outstanding. Great talking with a bunch of you fellas, and nice to meet many for the first time.

I had a great time. It was nice to bump into a bunch of HuntTalkers and tell some good stories. Steven Rinella's story about his brother's underwear was hilarious. I got to card a bunch of college girls at the Brewfest...that was fun too. ;)

Awesome weekend! Drove from Littlerock, WA to be a part of it and meet Randy. Great experience, thanks Randy for the Public Lands Elk info and spending time chatting with us. Also, congrats to the Idaho boys that won the cook-off. Can't wait till next year.

As always when I'm around a bunch of true sportsman, the conversation is outstanding. Great talking with a bunch of you fellas, and nice to meet many for the first time.

This...it is refreshing to talk to other hunters and anglers with your same set of values...outstanding event.

Great to meet several Hunt Talkers this weekend. Incredible turnout with some legends in the room. I hope anyone curious about BHA takes a closer look as they are doing great things.

One of the fascinating things about hunting public lands, is the incredible diversity of people that are passionate about it. Both BHA and Hunttalk are great samples of this, and it most certainly manifested this weekend.

Within a couple hour stretch you'd get introduced to a legend like Jim Posewitz, bullshit with a guy with a TV show, meet a gifted wordsmith like Ben Long, talk to an incredibly accomplished hunter like Buzz, then have a conversation with someone who's never taken an animal and is still trying to get into hunting and see if it's for them.

Lots of different perspectives, and lots of unique voices.

Had a great time, same but different than last year. To be able to chat with a chef as knowledgeable as Hank Shaw, BS with hard core hunters from all over who make what I do look like child's play, run into celebrity, media mogul, and future president BF, and drink beer around a burn barrel with NKQualtieri, I just don't know how it could get any better; it was a great weekend.

Hope everyone had safe drives home.

And I'm totally buying llamas now.

Was an absolute pleasure to meet so many welcoming hunters eager to hear what brings a new member into the fold. Great to meet so many Hunttalkers in person and offer a thank you and a hand shake to those like fin and others who may or may not have been aware of the part they've played in my development over the last couple years.

Sounds like a heck of a lot more fun than being locked in the basement with a reloading press..

I had a great time and had the pleasure of meeting a few hunttalkers. Really bummed I didn't get to shake hands with buzz or shoots. Didn't even get a glimpse of either of you guys!

Good to meet many HTers. Looks like I still missed quite a few and wished there was more time to chat with ones I did meet. BTW, my begging for beer tickets paid off, thanks Randy and Gerald.

Talked to a few guys and apparently missed a bunch more. Had a good time for a good cause.

Had my screen name written in sharpie on my name tag and looked at most people's tags as I passed by. Only Sapper had his written. The brewfest is a tough place to have an official meet up as there were so many people.

Really nice to be able to bullshit with other hunters of every level and get pissed about public land. Also think I have the back window of the topper finished as far as stickers go.

Attachments

• IMG_2209.jpg
    IMG_2209.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 216
Great to meet several Hunt Talkers this weekend. Incredible turnout with some legends in the room. I hope anyone curious about BHA takes a closer look as they are doing great things.

Not too often I am stumped on what to say, but you got me. :)

Not too often I am stumped on what to say, but you got me. :)

The calls you did up were fantastic sir! I spent the whole time helping set up the silent auction on sat drooling over them. Thank you for a great addition to the auction!

Sent a text to Stillkickin on Friday letting him know I was envious he was there, as I sat around doing not much of anything. He replied how nice the weather was there too as I prepared for the 8 inches of snow to fall here. Missed the rendezvous and got snowed on....great weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back