Caribou Gear

BHA Rendezvous 2016

Man, I think I missed more of you than I met. I was the dude walking around without a name tag. :) It helped with the autograph seekers. I managed to maintain near non recognition until I was hanging out with Randy11. Someone from the crowd pegged him as being famous for shooting a mountain goat and noted that he had seen me on the video as well.

I appreciate it that MT Miller mentioned that I am a man of my word and he enjoyed an extra libation from my ticket at the brewfest. He'd have gotten both of them except that JCS got the other one. Don't worry Craig, you only told me a few of your best hunting spots that night and at the banquet.:D

I think ShootsStraight and I got all the world's problems hashed out at the Brewfest and it was great meeting Buzz and talking with him.

I only hold a very small grudge against J.R. since his wife bought the Alaska float trip that was the most interesting item at the banquet auction. Okay, so it's not a real grudge, just pure jealousy. :)

One of the highlights for me was having a fairly lengthy conversation with Hal Herring. Looking back though, I wish I'd have shut my mouth and let him do more of the talking. :)

Like everybody else said, it was great to meet up with a few of the guys from HT. Didn't realize that there were many more that I didn't run into. Maybe next time.

Hope everybody got home safe and sound.

The calls you did up were fantastic sir! I spent the whole time helping set up the silent auction on sat drooling over them. Thank you for a great addition to the auction!

Thanks, glad they did well.

I have to say that was one of the best events I've been to, especially conference/convention/rendezvous style. The organization and effort that was poured into it was very evident. I cringe to think of all the hours required to pull something off so smoothly. A serious tip of the hat to everyone at BHA. And a big thank you for lighting a fire under my ass and introducing me to so many like-minded great individuals.

Big Foot and I roamed the rendevous for most of the weekend together and were able to put a few faces to screen names, Buzz, Randy11, Ben Long and a couple others. Cheers.

Sad to have missed yet another one. One day the timing will work out!

I was really disappointed to not make this one. Any word on the street yet for where next year's event will be?

I agree, it is so refreshing to be able to share with folks that have similar values.

I was really disappointed to not make this one. Any word on the street yet for where next year's event will be?

I agree, it is so refreshing to be able to share with folks that have similar values.

So when I met JCS at the brewfest he was talking with MT Miller. The music was so loud when he said his name I only caught Jim and wasn't sure what his screen name was. I must have asked several times over the next half hour... JLS?? JCWinz? Oh. JCS! Got it. So you were mentioned even if you weren't there. :)

I heard Boise was in the running for next year but the final decision hadn't been made when I asked.

One of these days I'll get out to an event.
Heck, I can't seem to get to one meeting in NM or an RMEF meeting anymore, let alone Mizzlou....jeez that place has grown since I was last there.
Craft beer? We used to joke about mostly drinking Blatz Or Schmidt & Coors was an imported brew. You coulda fit the whole town in that block back in 75'.
Sounds like you folks had a good time.

Last edited:
So when I met JCS at the brewfest he was talking with MT Miller. The music was so loud when he said his name I only caught Jim and wasn't sure what his screen name was. I must have asked several times over the next half hour... JLS?? JCWinz? Oh. JCS! Got it. So you were mentioned even if you weren't there. :)

Welcome to my world. Only I don't need the music playing to make miss what was said . BTW, I hope you wrote down how we solved all the worlds problems, because I've already forgot the solutions.

Maybe a night around a campfire could solve the problems associated with world piece.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the conversation Gerald, it was a pleasure.

Hopefully it's somewhere about twice the size. Great to see the support and growth of BHA, but being nuts to butts all weekend got old.

Missoula seems to be the Brewfest capital of the world the last few years...I think they average one a month and usually have a good turnout. I hope the next place can put together a fundraiser like that.

I agree with Randy. They're going to need a big place for next year. After about an hour in the banquet room, I got clausterphobic so bad that I actually had to leave just as the auction was getting started (which probably saved me some $ in the end)

Other than being convenient for us MT folks, hosting in Missoula probably saves BHA money as far as travel costs etc. More dollars to BHA for the work they do is good thing for all of us.

I had a thought while sipping my IPA at the Brewfest. I was wondering how many of the people that were there even had a clue what they were buying beer for ans spending money on? Or were they just there because the sign said BREWFEST!

It was a great weekend in my book! Wish I would have been able to go to the banquette but I was able to lurk in the background for Steve's talk and that was great! Also got to meet my two idols, Randy and Steve so it was a worthwhile trip for me :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back