BHA Rendezvous 2016

I spent a few bonus days in Missoula after the Rendezvous and am just now getting settled in back home. The weekend was pretty much electric....and a blur for me. I got into town last Tuesday and was running full speed pretty much the entire time. It's amazing how motivated one can be to get out of bed early in the morning after a late night when there are good things to do and people to see.

It was great getting to meet so many more Hunt Talkers, I wish I had more time to sit and BS with everyone. That's one of the big downsides of the weekend is everything was so rushed.

I got a few pictures and borrowed a few from Lyle Vinson who took photos all weekend.

Hank cooking up pronghorn for the Tack Barn Dinner

Tack Barn Dinner

Rhubarb cherry cobbler in the dutches at the TBD (Photo credit Lyle Vinson)

My dish at the Tack Barn Dinner. Asparagus, pea shoots, sunflower shoots, smoked trout, soft boiled egg and homemade lemon curd with hawaiian salt (Photo credit: Lyle Vinson)

Story time with Smoke Elser

Ryan Callahan making sure no one went thirsty on the bus ride home from the TBD.

A shot from the cooking competition which was fun to be a part of. My dish could have been better, but Idaho should have called their Bibimbap, Bibimbomb. It was incredible looking with the glacier lilies. (photo credit: Lyle Vinson)

This is not a good idea at 2am after you've closed down the Union Club.

Finished the weekend standing in the Bitterroot, not a bad way to wrap it all up.

Thanks for sharing JR. Seriously, that Tack Barn Dinner was a once-in-a-lifetime deal. I'm so glad I could be there. Thanks for all you contribute to BHA.

JR your cook off dish was pretty dang good, don't sell yourself short on that at all. The quail and pancake was awesome.

Ben, I enjoyed the heck out of talking local stuff with you and your dad. Hopefully I get a chance to swing by and share a cup of coffee with him soon.

hey, if any of you have ideas on making the 2017 BHA Rendezvous better, please let me know here or send me a personal message. I'll pass constructive comments on to the Powers That Be.

Myself and another WY board member talked with Land about that.

I think its going to be tough to duplicate the success of the event being in Missoula, that's my comment.

The only criticism I heard all weekend was that the banquet could have used a little time to talk at the tables without someone on the mic.

The only criticism I have is that after about 20 min at the brewfest, I was deaf for the rest of the weekend... :). Too much shooting shotgun without plugs when I was younger I guess. Next year I'll come prepared.

The only criticism I have is that after about 20 min at the brewfest, I was deaf for the rest of the weekend... :). Too much shooting shotgun without plugs when I was younger I guess. Next year I'll come prepared.

I'm with you, it got to loud and crowded pretty quickly. The crowded part ment more people/money for the cause so I figured I could suck it up but the loud got old fast. I liked the after party. It was a lot easier to talk to people.

I was actually surprised they chose to go to Missoula again next year because they needed so much more room especially after the fire marshall said no more people. I'll be sure to buy my tickets early because this thing will sell out quickly!

I looked at the Web page for 2017 and it looks like dinner Saturday will be in Caras Park and keynote/auction will be in the Wilma Theater.

Not sure how that dinner is going to go, but if we can feed 74 in a Tack Barn we should be able to pull it off.

Geography makes it tough for me not to attend again. Met some great, common-minded, folks in '16.

I regret not going last year also I'm planning on getting my tickets asap so I'm committed. Would love to know who the guest speaker will be though, I wouldn't be mad if it was Rinella again.

I would like to make it sometime. My biggest problem is that it is during the school year and my wife is a teacher. There ain't no way I'm going to Missoula without her, and she can't get away because that is when they do testing. The Bitterroot valley is her favorite area in Montana.

Guess I'll probably be making it three straight, always a good time.

RSVD'd today for 2017! Going to get tickets early this year so we can actually attend the dinner and not just lurk while the keynote speaker is up. Looking forward to meeting fellow hunttalkers, I saw a few of you but didn't ever introduce myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back