Beware the Portland Pizza

@Big Fin Wow, sorry for your experience! I saw your Instagram post with a sling on and wondered what was up.

For reals, a call to the appropriate Health Department that would need to know about a possible food poisoning event might save other folks a similar fate.

And maybe I’ve watched to many Columbo, Murder She Wrote, and Gourmet Detective shows, but this have been intentional?? Some anti-hunter recognizes you and sprinkles some rat poison on the dough before baking. Seriously??

And still butting in…..I’d suggest that you want a real hand guy doing the surgery, someone who does distal upper extremity surgery all day long.

Holy Crap what an ordeal, wishing you a speedy recovery, ya Portland sure has changed since we had a beer back in 2019 at the Lucky Lab Downtown, one of the main reasons I’m living in Montana now. Don’t forget you still got unfinished business in the Roosevelt Kingdom on the coast range
Here’s a few Rosie Pics to cheer ya up
56201D87-A40C-44B8-9598-C36016EB7BE9.jpeg0159DD51-E9CC-471C-9C01-71AB4B695FA1.jpegF8D7CF49-47F1-4E0C-ABB5-DF35548F15A7.jpegF6B3050C-AF5F-4860-8B24-308E4173C827.jpegCDE11B13-D801-45B3-959E-72A000731B73.jpegDB05B612-6EF2-451C-9FF7-DF458BB6E1C0.jpeg

Wow! Sorry to hear that....ive had several go rounds w food poisoning myself, and none were fun but none ended with surgery. That looks and sounds awful. Hoping for a successful surgery and best wishes for a full recovery!

Holy shit! Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Pizza story? That is the best you could come up with?

"I had to do some lobbying in Helena".
"You should see what Haines looks like".
"Sometimes there is razor wire at those corner crossings".

In all seriousness, hopefully nothing permanent and you are back to 100% in no time.
On this episode I’ll be hunting in Montana with my new cross bow…. That does look like it hurt like hell

Jeezus peezus Randy. Even off season is an adventure with you.
Hoping for a full recovery my friend.
I could send some Chile to keep you warm...

Holeee hell Randy! Was just going to text you and see if you’d be in Redmond again for the show next month. Might have to get you a bodyguard to keep you from yourself!
Hope your on the mend quick and none of that damage is permanent!

…some guys will do anything to escape tax season!

Thanks to some foul Portland pizza, I got to spend eight hours Thursday nights in the ER, jostling with the crowd of homeless and drug-addicted that take refuge in local ERs on cold nights like Thursday night.

Around 11pm I texted Matthew that this pizza might be the end of me. Little did I know how prophetic that might be.

An hour later my body had a pizza rejection. I’m the worst at vomiting in the world. Which is why I’ve only vomited about three times in my adult life. But, there was no holding back.

I stood over and the toilet spraying foul pizza. Three successive blasts that felt like I was being gutted alive. Then the room started spinning. Evidently the exertion was too much for someone with inherently low blood pressure and a resting heart rate near 45.

When awoke I was laying in the shower in a pile of broken glass that once was a shower door and glass curtain. I looked over and remember seeing some puke on the side of the toilet. Damn, I better get that cleaned up. On my hands and knees I crawled over, only to realize my right arm wasn’t working.

Looking down I noticed a lot of blood and much of it was coming from two big holes in my right forearm. Oh oh. This looks like a problem.

View attachment 265269
Dang, I better get this taken care of and get to the ER. So I wrapped a towel around it and walked down to the lobby of the hotel and asked where the nearest urgent care was. The lady said you look like you need more than urgent care, and our driver will take you to the ER. So I did.

Now I’m patched up, stapled up and in a sling. Doc says I have a lot of tendons and muscle that are severed in my right hand/arm. I am scheduled for hand surgery Monday morning in Bozeman. Hoping that goes well.

Moral of the story - beware of the pizza in Portland
Wow!! Beware of Portland, period!! Wishing you a speedy recovery, @Big Fin

Wow, that will leave a scar, looks nasty! Sure hope they get all the tendons reattached good. Otherwise you may be figuring out how to make your left trigger finger behave properly. Accidents like that make a guy wonder if he should be practicing switch shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back