Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Betrayed By Your Hunting Photos

Send pics of you and your animal wants your in your driveway. Save the field pics for your family and friends.

Wait you might have trouble getting out of your driveway on opening day... Never mind that won't work

Do you have an example of a picture that actually works for this, because I have yet to get any real data from this.....I think you need to take off the tinfoil hat and quit worrying... :)

I'm not buying it. I remember Greenhorn posted a picture of one of his big bulls in the back of his truck. I recognized the on/off ramp as being along I-90. I spent a whole season hunting elk there and didn't find a dang one. In fact all I saw were whitetails and was surrounded by private. I'm done tracking photos! What a waste :D

I'm not buying it. I remember Greenhorn posted a picture of one of his big bulls in the back of his truck. I recognized the on/off ramp as being along I-90. I spent a whole season hunting elk there and didn't find a dang one. In fact all I saw were whitetails and was surrounded by private. I'm done tracking photos! What a waste :D
On the other hand, I did recognize that map you and Randy were looking at during your hunt :D.

On the other hand, I did recognize that map you and Randy were looking at during your hunt :D.

Randy and I had previously discussed this and we were using a different map to create a false location in case someone were to pause and zoom in :D

How trustworthy are the GE pics.

Anyone familiar with Kevin, MT? Plug 48.80683/-111.88482 into GE

I never see that view. haha

In cognito - The evolution of ways to confuse the nut fleas

- borrow a secret vehicle
- stash your vehicle
- get "dropped off" and "picked up" by a trustworthy person
- don't show photos with scenic back-drops of places you don't want a flea infestation
- turn location services off
- limit IPA consumption when telling hunting stories
- and now, avoid detection from the new GE secret location detector

Do you have an example of a picture that actually works for this, because I have yet to get any real data from this.....I think you need to take off the tinfoil hat and quit worrying... :)

Definitely not worrying MN Public Hunter. :) The title is more in jest. I do think that this type of recognition software will become pretty powerful as time goes on though.

- stash your vehicle
- don't show photos with scenic back-drops of places you don't want a flea infestation

All good advice, just too bad that hunting has come to this.

Used to be that people honored each others spots, even when they knew where others hunted.

Not the case now, cut-throat, win at any cost, do anything you can to find out where somebody else has had success.

Ethics and sportsmanship have been lost in the hunting world.

How trustworthy are the GE pics.

Anyone familiar with Kevin, MT? Plug 48.80683/-111.88482 into GE

I never see that view. haha

Nice.

I think they are mostly accurate. If the metadata on the photo has coordinates prior to incorporation into Panaramio it should be spot on. Otherwise contributors just claim the location's accuracy. I have a few photos in there. If a GE user notices or thinks a photo's location is incorrect they can notify Panaramio and they will usually change it.

Then again, there is a Persian waterfall 3 miles west of my house on GE. I notified them years ago and it's still there.:)

Last edited:
Definitely not worrying MN Public Hunter. :) The title is more in jest. I do think that this type of recognition software will become pretty powerful as time goes on though.

I know, I had to get the tinfoil hat thing in there though... :) And yes it is coming....it's already here in some software.

Well I've hunted with Greenhorn and we rarely see anything worth shooting when we are together. So I'm convinced he takes me to all the second rate places. I don't think he wants me to see the high fenced places he kills all those monster critters in. If this google technology can finally pinpoint what game farm he is hunting that will really answer a lot of questions for me. ;)

- stash your vehicle
Or drive an Outback with bumper stickers such as 'Visualize Whirled Peas', anything Phish-related or 'Tree-hugging dirt worshipper'.

Or drive an Outback with bumper stickers such as 'Visualize Whirled Peas', anything Phish-related or 'Tree-hugging dirt worshipper'.

The ultimate "Green-Decoy"

12206503_f520.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back