Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best way to spend $1200 and the kid's $500

I wonder what Haiti’s plan looks like?

If you like Coffee, and feel like it would be good to stock up, here's a place that helps kids in the Dominican Republic & Haiti (lots of kids float between the DR & Haiti): https://www.dominicanjoe.com/

Full disclosure, my sister has worked with them in the past. I like their coffee though. Pretty good stuff. The non-profit this helps runs a school (faith-based) that helps kids get basic nutrition as well as schooling. Not sure how they are impacted yet, but I've been a big fan of the work they do.

If we get anything I’ll probably put it towards a camper shell for my truck, I’m long overdue for one.
Either that or save it towards baby expenses since my wife’s insurance doesn’t seem to be covering as much as we thought it would.

edit: told my wife my plans of the shell and she gave me a look and said it’s for the baby, so it’s for the baby. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I would like to think that whatever people do, spend or save, in some fashion will help our economy. Just cant wrap my head around squandering it on play toys.
How do you figure buying "play toys" are not helping the economy?

I know this is a stressful time for some, but if Uncle Sam is giving every adult and child some cash...
I arrived in Alaska with $13 bucks and a couple of suite cases, in my teens. Government has never given me anything, but opportunity and headache . With that opportunity I could own/lease land. I don't really own land, just lease it by tax. Stop paying tax and find out who really owns you. I got ideas and suffered many government hurdles/regulations, at great cost to my family in those pursuits. I had faith in my ideas and keenly aware, of the risk of failure. Today, like 40 years ago government gives me nothing, but headache and opportunity. I have an extended family of awesome people, with benefits, health care, retirement, that I provide, not the government. It is all at risk now. \
Enjoy FREE CASH!

Towards some debt, the sooner I’m free and clear the better. This will shave like 6 months off my retirement plan.

I know this is a stressful time for some, but if Uncle Sam is giving every adult and child some cash...…..Let's hear some ideas:

Adult- Browning x-bolt in .280 AI
Child- 20 gauge Fiocchi autoloader

There are millions of filers who arent seeing jack shit from this and sad to say it they are in many way the same people that pay large percentage of the personal income tax which this give away is credit of.

There are millions of filers who arent seeing jack shit from this and sad to say it they are in many way the same people that pay large percentage of the personal income tax which this give away is credit of.
I give my money to the government and the government gives it to some other dude. Then the other dude thanks the government and forgets about me. Just the way it works.

How do you figure buying "play toys" are not helping the economy?
I'm not figuring anything. To each their own.
Why?...trying to decide which AR to add to the collection?
It's my feeling this $ should be spent purposefully.
Its a personal opinion .

I'm not figuring anything. To each their own.
Why?...trying to decide which AR to add to the collection?
It's my feeling this $ should be spent purposefully.
Its a personal opinion .
I doubt I'll get any, but if I do I will spend it with local companies and it may be for "play toys"...

I doubt I'll get any, but if I do I will spend it with local companies and it may be for "play toys"...

I know you are somewhat insulated in the midwest. But FYI if the virus pops up in your area you might stock up on dogfood in advance. Horders stimulating the economy have cleaned out Bozeman area.
FYI 🤣

If this is some sort of sympathy play, meh. If a married couple is making $190k+ (based on AGI, mind you) they don't need the measly $2,400 - $5,000 that might come their way. Same with a single person (barring several kids) making $90k+. In the vast majority of the country, that level of income provides you a pretty comfortable life so long as you aren't significantly over leveraged in debt. Yeah, "we" are all paying for it, but "we" are paying our taxes either way. It's not like they're going to see a much bigger tax bill next year with "stimulus" line item.

I know you are somewhat insulated in the midwest. But FYI if the virus pops up in your area you might stock up on dogfood in advance. Horders stimulating the economy have cleaned out Bozeman area.
FYI 🤣
We finally got our monthly shipment a couple of days ago. Finn was about to go on food rationing.

If this is some sort of sympathy play, meh. If a married couple is making $190k+ (based on AGI, mind you) they don't need the measly $2,400 - $5,000 that might come their way. Same with a single person (barring several kids) making $90k+. In the vast majority of the country, that level of income provides you a pretty comfortable life so long as you aren't significantly over leveraged in debt. Yeah, "we" are all paying for it, but "we" are paying our taxes either way. It's not like they're going to see a much bigger tax bill next year with "stimulus" line item.

Then by your accounts almost all of this bill should have been trashed. Because the majority of these funds are going to benefit individuals/corporations that dont qualify for the hush money checks designed to keep the little guys quiet. After all like you said if your making 200k ...you dont need it.

They should have given the same amount to every tax filer ( or quailifed none filer ) regardless of income.
All stimulus is equal but some stimulus is more equal than others it seems.

Then by your accounts almost all of this bill should have been trashed. Because the majority of these funds are going to benefit individuals/corporations that dont qualify for the hush money checks designed to keep the little guys quiet. After all like you said if your making 200k ...you dont need it.

They should have given the same amount to every tax filer ( or quailifed none filer ) regardless of income.
All stimulus is equal but some stimulus is more equal than others it seems.

You're free to do your best to read my mind based upon the few sentences I typed.

As a general rule, I think those most in need deserve the most help. As I've heard most of my life, and I tell my kids, life's not fair. You don't get what someone else got just because they got it.

Wife said she would like the run down section of fence in the backyard replaced, so I called the guy's that put in our new fencing 2 summers ago, and they are replacing it this morning. I'm working on putting in landscape beds around the house with locally supplied materials. If I have to itemize where I'm going to spend this "free" money, then this is what it's going towards.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back