Best towns to live/retire in Montana?

Please for the love of everything holy, if you like where you live, nobody say anything!!!
I'm sure that's what the long time residents were saying before the current inhabitants moved where ever we live.

I'm sure that's what the long time residents were saying before the current inhabitants moved where ever we live.

Thankfully times have changed and we won’t have to worry about the newcomers murdering and raping our families and taking away our culture and sending us to reservations to live in generational poverty and addiction.

We just have to worry about the coors lite being replaced with some hoppy bullshit and paying $21 for a hamburger with a brioche bun.

Broadus, the gas station has a whole shelf dedicated to healthcare. Mule deer doe hunting right out your back door. Not to far from the crow reservation where most government services are free. Great place…

Broadus is getting way too metropolitan.

Alzeda is where it’s at. Hell I bet you could almost get a long abandoned trailer house for damn near nothing.

I hear Vida's population has exploded from 3 to 4 people, might be worth a look.
For real, Lewistown and Glasgow are at the top of my list, definitely not my wife's though. Glasgow doesn't fit your criteria anyway though. I also like Augusta and choteau a lot, might fit the bill.

I hear Vida's population has exploded from 3 to 4 people, might be worth a look.
For real, Lewistown and Glasgow are at the top of my list, definitely not my wife's though. Glasgow doesn't fit your criteria anyway though. I also like Augusta and choteau a lot, might fit the bill.
He said no wind LOL

Broadus is getting way too metropolitan.

Alzeda is where it’s at. Hell I bet you could almost get a long abandoned trailer house for damn near nothing.
Best bar in the state there by far.

I can personally attest to the awesome availability of medical services as well as a small town feel anywhere in the *$#&@$%# Valley area...stupid auto correct 🤪

Surprised no one’s mentioned Opheim yet. It checks all those boxes. 😜
I grew up and graduated from Opheim! Go back every year for deer hunting. When I retired from the Aif Force in 2018 we moved to Helena. Its nice, was nicer. I want to go back to Opheim! Hahah

Hardly anywhere in the state can you advoid the wind, and if you can, the cost of living will be double of anywhere else. Southwest part of the state is beautiful and loded with great hunting and snow!

If I did it over we might had landed in Dillon.

Back