Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best towns to live/retire in Montana?

Lawnboy

I'm a ways off but if you could live/retire in any town in Montana which would it be. I'm a fan of smaller towns with decent healthcare within 1-1.5 hrs. Really don't care for the wind (actually hate it) lol and would ideally be no farther than 30-45 mins from some sort of forest access. Curious as to what your picks would be and why. I might do another thread with same questions for Idaho as I like it as well. I grew up in Salmon, Id for half my childhood.

Last edited:
I'm a ways off but if you could live/retire in any town in Montana which would it be. I'm a fan of smaller towns with decent healthcare within 1-1.5 hrs. Really don't care for the wind (actually hate it) lol and would ideally be no farther than 30-45 mins from some sort of forest access. Curious as to what your picks would be and why. I might do another thread with same questions for Idaho as I like it as well. I grew up in Salmon, Id for half my childhood.
Western Wyoming and snow bird to Arizona. Montana is toast

I'm a ways off but if you could live/retire in any town in Montana which would it be
Montana...

Take the main cities of Montana and use a pencil compass set to the rough 1 - 1.5hr (approx miles) and pin the main medical, draw your circle and see which towns fit your criteria (wind, etc).

Personally, I find Kalispell Regional (Logan) and the various specialized clinics, etc to be a great medical area.
Wind is not near the flat(er) land areas and the NW holds some special opportunities.

If I was to choose - I'd offer any towns around Libby inward to Kalispell.

Moving from there though maintaining less wind than the flat(er) areas, maybe Superior towards Missoula or Anaconda towards Missoula.

Outside that, best to ya!

Back