Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
there are a lot of high caliber deli sandwiches on this list that are not in new york. i am surprised by some of it, but it largely makes sense. seems like a quality list. it's not one of those trash buzzfeed lists.

they even claim the best jewish deli is in.... los angeles???

this list makes clear to me that every state offers up at least one damn fine sandwich.

there are a lot of high caliber deli sandwiches on this list that are not in new york. i am surprised by some of it, but it largely makes sense. seems like a quality list. it's not one of those trash buzzfeed lists.

this list makes clear to me that every state offers up at least one damn fine sandwich.
Texas...sounds tasty

Torta ahogada means “drowned sandwich,” and consists of a toasted bolillo roll stuffed with refried beans, shredded pork carnitas, and pickled red onion.

i may not be all that of an oddball for this, but my absolute favorite grilled cheese is sour dough swiss cheese. that's it. none of the cheddar, none of the american, none of the havarti, or muenster or pepper jack. just swiss cheese, butter, sourdough and a castiron.

Swiss... SMH
1659633092895.png

though I agree cast-iron and sourdough

I ran of out of flags after throwing so many reading that article... several non-sandwich entries.

View attachment 232655
The no fly zone for good sammishes per the locations they provided.

Also, several of those are no actual sammi, there are burgers, brauts, and random seafood included that are not sammiches.
THis is a salad.
View attachment 232656

best damn salad on the planet. i think your supposed to be putting those in a bun tho? did it come on the side?

now they're not saying there aren't good sammies in the so called no fly zone. it's just the happenstance when you have to pick one (supposed best) per state.

good sammies in between, maybe better, but they chose the ones where they did.

View attachment 232655
The no fly zone for good sammishes per the locations they provided.

Also, several of those are no actual sammi, there are burgers, brauts, and random seafood included that are not sammiches.
THis is a salad.
View attachment 232656
Luckily I live just south of the exclusion zone.

My mayonnaise and velveeta sandwich on whit bread with the crust cut off is flavor at its finest.

Back