Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
if you lump big enough areas together than I guess I agree. But I lean way more in line with the masshole on this one. The ability to create great food doesn't exist in most of America, even if they could get "the best" ingredients.
Did a trip to Mammoth Caves... went through Glasgow KY... 16 fast food restaurants on one street all one after another... merica'

i think people are just too stuck in a bias of believing "only a certain region or place is able to create a good [fill in the blank]"

i don't buy it, cause it's wrong. it's the tribalism effect.

all it takes is one person with passion and know how and you have a better deli in jackson hole than any in new york. it's literally that simple. but people will say "well it's not a new york deli so it's not as good". but i say that's irrelevant, cause if it's good than it's good. doesn't matter where it is.

maybe that deli already exists somewhere in wyoming? couldn't tell ya, i haven't tried every reuben in wyoming, and until i do, i'm not gonna claim there aren't great, if not legendary, reubens in wyoming.
@TOGIE is discussing potential, possibility. He's a dreamer.

Sir I will take that bet. ND, SD, NE, OK, MI, TN, KY, AK,and NM. Doubtful on WY, ID, AR.
@wllm is discussing reality, likelihood. He's a realist.

They both want great reubens in delis across this great nation. Hug it out guys.

i think people are just too stuck in a bias of believing "only a certain region or place is able to create a good [fill in the blank]"

all it takes is one person with passion and know how
Agreed... more my point is that one person probably got bullied as a kid and left WY when they turned 18.

Joking... kinda.

But yeah I agree with the premise, applies globally too... to some extent. Though I think to summarize my argument it's... "It's amazing where you can find great eats, and shocking where you can't"

Agreed... more my point is that one person probably got bullied as a kid and left WY when they turned 18.

Joking... kinda.

But yeah I agree with the premise, applies globally too... to some extent. Though I think to summarize my argument it's... "It's amazing where you can find great eats, and shocking where you can't"

it's true.

and i know you are not wrong.

i will maintain one point that i think, believe, know is just true: there are places in every state with awesome food that you will think about long after you've left. every single state.

. The last time I ate at Hardee’s was about 4 years ago. It was ok, but I’m still paying off the loan I had to take out to feed the family.
Same with Arby’s every single menu item tastes like cheap roast beef or curly fries. It’s $100 for a bag full of greasy blah.

all it takes is one person with passion and know how and you have a better deli in jackson hole than any in new york. it's literally that simple. but people will say "well it's not a new york deli so it's not as good". but i say that's irrelevant, cause if it's good than it's good. doesn't matter where it is.

maybe that deli already exists somewhere in wyoming? couldn't tell ya, i haven't tried every reuben in wyoming, and until i do, i'm not gonna claim there aren't great, if not legendary, reubens in wyoming.
It's getting better, but I can tell you Klickitat Co WA did not have any good food options between 1985 and 2015. If you want to expand your scope to look at all of WA then sure, there's always been great food, but it's a 1/2 days drive across the state.

Find me some good food in Gillette WY. Or within 100 miles of Salmon ID.

In order to make and sell good food, you need clientele that are will to pay for good food. That doesn't exist everywhere.

@TOGIE

We might have to do some "research"... ah hem a field study if you will

View attachment 232634

Buzz if you want to teach me how to get elk killed I'd be down.

How man buddies have to fit in the van? I've gotten a elk and a muley into the trunk of a rolla so boned out could definitely do 5 elk in a mini van with all the seats out save the front 2.

With 4 seats... probably... be a little bloody, but blood washes out pretty easy.

I facilitate and I facilitate, but no one ever invites me. . .

I facilitate and I facilitate, but no one ever invites me. . .
Listen if you go with the Sienna so I can road trip in comfort I'm game.

Same with Arby’s every single menu item tastes like cheap roast beef or curly fries. It’s $100 for a bag full of greasy blah.
If President Biden wanted to raise his approval rating he would announce today that the cia has done a drone hellcat missile strike on every Arby’s in the US.

The last time I ate an Arbys was about 10 years ago. I’d been on a 15 day float hunt for moose in Alaska and when we got back to civilization we were starving. Arbys was the first place we came across and I vowed to never eat there again. I have been to a few since, but I don’t eat. Long John’s silver is not far behind.

In order to make and sell good food, you need clientele that are will to pay for good food. That doesn't exist everywhere.

that's the crux of it. though the good food doesn't have to be expensive necessarily, it just has to be good.

you can give two people the same ingredients from the same supplier to make the same burger and get wildly different outcomes.

i think locals are just content with what they have because they've never had anything else, which is classic small town thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back