Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
Man what a thread! I won't be able to catch up on this one but I cast a vote for the reuben and was surprised to see it in the lead.

Fun fact there's a place where I go to the beach that sells Mahi reubens, hoping to try one soon

as far as the dipping grilled cheese in ketchup issue from the last page.

ketchup is just cold, sweet, tomato soup. so it gets a technical pass.

i thought it was latin for "cantsoup"
Why do we say je ne sais quoi?

Je ne sais quoi literally means “I don't know what” in French. The phrase was borrowed into English as an expression of a quality that makes something or someone attractive, distinctive, or special in some way, but is hard to put into words

1659709887588.png

ketchup and hot sauce on eggs, ketchup and mayo on quality burgs, ketchup and mustard on a hot dog at a ball game. these things are american, right, and delicious. ketchup is no different than any other sauce you smother on grilled food to hopefully not cover up, just augment, its taste.

i think this ketchup disdain started by anthony bourdain (all due respect) is really misguided. ketchup disdain is a little too hipster for me ;)

there's many a place in this world for ketchup.

even if all it is is cold, weird, tomato soup.

no ketchup on a brat. duh.

ketchup and hot sauce on eggs, ketchup and mayo on quality burgs, ketchup and mustard on a hot dog at a ball game. these things are american, right, and delicious. ketchup is no different than any other sauce you smother on grilled food to hopefully not cover up, just augment, its taste.

i think this ketchup disdain started by anthony bourdain (all due respect) is really misguided. ketchup disdain is a little too hipster for me ;)

there's many a place in this world for ketchup.

even if all it is is cold, weird, tomato soup.

no ketchup on a brat. duh.

I think Anthony Bourdain was only against ketchup on hotdogs. And was against fancy/artisan condiments:

"You put, you know, chipotle aioli on my burger without asking, I would prefer you not," warned Bourdain. "I want f****** ketchup."

I have a buddy from Iowa who's passion seems to be finding restraunts/bars that serve the best pork tenderlion sammies. I have never ordered without him. Those things are good!

BLT as long as the tomatoes are picked from my garden
leftover Meatloaf sandwhich on sourdough bread and thick sharp chedder
Uncrustable PBJ pulled from my backpack way to early for lunch time

One thing this poll shows, I think, is that when placed in the sandwich subcategories of Hot vs Cold, generally, Hot sandwiches win most of the time. And of course they do.

and what makes the point so obvious is to imagine a grilled cheese sandwich versus just a cheese sandwich. this concept applies to all sandwiches. all of them.

to that point, i can't take people seriously that like cold pizza; even claim leftover cold pizza is best.

leftover pizza that's been soggied up in the microwave is 1000x better than cold pizza. leftover pizza that's been crisped in the oven nearly equals fresh out of the oven pizza, so like 2000x better than cold pizza.

if pizza was better cold they'd never serve it hot to begin with... it's insanity i say.

Not fancy but who doesn't like leftover Thanksgiving turkey on a roll with melted Cheddar and mayo or leftover hot Christmas ham and cheese?
My ex mother in law would pull Sunday's leftover roast and mix it with mayo and a little bit of sweet relish...best sandwiches ever, better than bologna. Bittersweet memory, she was a great cook but my ex got to keep her dammit.

Back