Best Netflix/Amazon/Hulu to Binge Watch During Social Distancing.

I'm not sure if it's still on netflix or not, but at one point they had every episode of the original Twilight Zone.

Some of the episodes don't hold up, but in general there's some absolutely fantastic 20 minute stories in there, and a bunch of big name actors before they made it big.

I just watched a great documentary on Netflix about Ted Williams. I read my first Ted Williams bio when I was probably 12, and have been fascinated with him since. He's about as close to a real life super hero as our country's had.
I think I probably watched the same Ted doc. It was great.

Since last Monday I have seen parts of if not all of Frozen 2, no less than 6 times. I don't recommend it.

Though we have enjoyed having Disney+. All the Star Wars and Marvel flicks, some good kid friendly documentaries, and lots of cartoons from my youth.

I've started on Frontier. So far I dig it. Also plan to get caught back up with Peaky Blinders, but the new season of Ozark drops tomorrow so that will get priority as the wife likes that one as well.

Altered Carbon Season 1

Season 2 is crap, don't bother.

I was really disappointed in season 2. The budget was severely limited this season. The world building was kept at a minimum. Acting was poor. I was bummed.

Then I saw a tiger. And a tiger saw a man...

Expanse series on Amazon for the sci-fi / deep space nerdish side of the enjoyment.

Otherwise, Forged in Fire is about it.

I love the way they dial up the tension in Ozark. Watched Ep 1 Season 3 last night.

Oh Yeah... Started Tiger King last night. Watched 1 episode then a couple Letterkenney's... Wife and I laugh so much watching LK...

I gotta redact my previous recommendation for Mars. Season one was very interesting, well done, and a unique idea. Season 2 was preachy and despite the actors doing a basically good job, a lot of the human drama and dialogue seemed forced.

And I'm a conservative that actually believes in climate change, but the over-arching message was clear in the end - everything from wars to poverty to disease to climate change is the fault of the big oil companies. It really bugs me when things like this deteriorate into blatant propaganda.

Oh well, there's still the Tiger King.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back