Best Muzzleloader to Buy?- Short Notice

Gerald Martin

Well, for the first time in nineteen years of hunting MT as a resident, I find myself at the end of eleven weeks of season without having notched a single tag.

Thankfully, I still have late muzzleloader season to get ‘er done.
Anyone got a good suggestion of what muzzleloader I should buy from Cabelas or Walmart? Hopefully something that will be pretty much sighted in from the get go since I don’t have any extra time to practice a lot.

Planning to keep my shots under 200 yards since I will be hunting mostly from my snowmobile on the gated roads.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s suggestions and advice.
😉

Well, for the first time in nineteen years of hunting MT as a resident, I find myself at the end of eleven weeks of season without having notched a single tag.

Anyone got a good suggestion of what muzzleloader I should buy from Cabelas or Walmart? Hopefully something that will be pretty much sighted in from the get go since I don’t have any extra time to practice a lot.

Planning to keep my shots under 200 yards since I will be hunting mostly from my snowmobile on the gated roads.

😉
Everything is sold out.
I anticipated this thirty years ago so I'm good to go.😁

Gerald. For you, tell ya what. My FIL passed away earlier this year. In his things was a .58 muzzleloader, along with some black powder, maxi balls and some caps n other accessories. It’s not for sale, but I’d let you borrow it, if ya wanna drive to Boise. I’ve been married to his daughter for almost 20 years, and never even saw him take this to the range, so good news, it’s all fresh! Anyway, HMU if you wanna get this done, I’ve got a tag that starts Dec 1, so won’t be around much.

😉
You still have 3 hours.

Who thinks over half the people who go out with a muzzle gun this year have a fun that doesn't meet the requirements?

Honestly I'm thinking half might be an underestimate.
I think you may be right. Honestly I could see so many people buying the in-line guns that they change it for next year after a bunch of people get ticketed. I would've tried to buy an in-line if that was legal.

You still have 3 hours.
Football is on.

Gonna be Core and git after it in smokepole season though.

Last time I shot my .50 cal Thompson Center Hawken I skipped a maxi ball off the ground in front of the target. I ended up selling it soon after. That was 12 years ago.

Now I regret selling it.

What is it going to take to be lethal out to 300? I just saw a video of a guy whacking a bull elk at 500 yards with a Gunwerks muzzleloader. That looked pretty core.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back