Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Belmont stakes

Listening to the owner...he is upset and I understand. That is odd to let folks keep fresh horses out until Belmont when the triple crown is such a storied chase. He may be right about not seeing another anytime soon.

Love the "humble" breeding of the horse(compared to most top horses) but the owner/trainers pissing and moaning about nose strips and race schedule is very off putting. The crown is what it is because of what it takes to wear it. Heavy is the crown.

I watched the race and I was yelling at the TV. It was too slow , get the horse(California Chrome) to the front and your are going to get boxed. The jockey ran a bad race and didn't give his horse a good chance. Still may have not have won, but give the horse a chance.

Very poor opinion of the owners comments after the race. Complaining about bringing fresh horses in the Belmont. It is not a tournament. It is a horse racing business. That what makes the Triple Crown special. You overcome the hardship of 3 major races over 5 weeks. You cannot be Secretariat if you do not win in the same manner. The Triple Crown has to be earned.

California Chrome is a good horse. WIth different owners. or trainer , or jockey might have had a chance.

The owner's arguments made no sense about fresh horses. Secretariat set the track record at 2:24 after two races. Affirmed did it in 2:26. Both horses would've smoked Tonsillitis or whatever that horse was named who won today...

Secretariat and Affirmed are pretty good horses. Alydar, 2nd to Affirmed in each of the Triple Crown , was also pretty good.

You are great if you win all 3. Good if you you win two. Alydar is better than the good.

They already bent the rules for him to run with nose strips. Few years ago the same panel of judges ruled against them but cc's owner threatened to pull him from the race. I would have said pull him. Then all the do is complain about the schedule. That horse lost before the race started, for various reasons.

Alydar was a good horse but a continual first place loser. Certainly no Secretariat. Didn't deserve his nasty death, street justice should have returned the favor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back