Beisbol

So great pitchers are supposed to determine the winners in playoffs? How did that work out this year?
Wainwright, Wacha Wacha, and the Cards bullpen pitched pretty great IMO. :D How else could they have won considering how bad they hit for most of the post season thus far.

Wacha's a 22yo rookie who didn't allow a run in two starts in the NLCS. Great pitchers don't always have top shelf names or price tags...

That said, I hope there's a bit of role reversal from the 2004 WS. The Cards owe the Sox some payback...

So great pitchers are supposed to determine the winners in playoffs? How did that work out this year?

In my opinion...pitching was the key to both the AL and NL. Pitching kept the bulk of the games close!

As a Sox fan, knowing there are a few Cardinals fans on the site, I wish I could generate a little smack talk. But it is kind of hard not to like the Cards IMHO because of the whole Pujols leaving thing. I love it when a superstar leaves only to watch his former team continue to be a success.

Go Sox!!! Sox will take it in 6.

And fear the beard!! This beard is not quite as fierce as Napoli's.

Attachments

• 1385926_10202371592434157_753339561_n[1].jpg
    1385926_10202371592434157_753339561_n[1].jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 291
I predict a team with a red named logo will win....

I'm just glad to see Magic and Co. packing up their gear until February.

Let the CARDSnage begin

Bet the Nosox dont have one of these....
The attack begins in T-minus 2:36 hours

Attachments

• f15 cards.jpg
    f15 cards.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 68
Deal! If Sox win your next hunting photo on HT must be of you wearing a RS hat and sporting your best beard. ;)
You send the hat and I'll take the pic! I'm gonna warn you though, but ability to grow a beard is about like most 9th graders. Back hair I can grow, beard is a spotty, litterally, proposition.

That was an ugly display of baseball by the Cards last pm. I think my college team might have even given them a run for their money with that aweful defense. Tonight should be a better game. I doubt the Cards will roll over like they did the last time the BoSox pounded them in 2004.

So if the Cards could have found their butt with both hands in the first two innings......ummm....they still lose 3-1.....damn shame Wainright was charged with ANY earned runs!

So if the Cards could have found their butt with both hands in the first two innings......ummm....they still lose 3-1.....damn shame Wainright was charged with ANY earned runs!
Maybe, but not saying they would have won. It was clear to me after the first Sox batter that Waino did not have his good stuff. Tough game to watch for this Cardinals fan... :( Hope they play better tonight! It'll be interesting to see if the 22yo can keep pitching like he has been. I'm worried though, streaks like he's on don't last forever and they have a T O U G H lineup.

You send the hat and I'll take the pic! I'm gonna warn you though, but ability to grow a beard is about like most 9th graders. Back hair I can grow, beard is a spotty, litterally, proposition.

It is a deal!

Sure gonna be tough on the Cards if Beltran can't play. Sure hope he does, because I don't want this series to be remembered as the series the Cards played without their best player and the Sox needed Vaseline.

Beltran will NOT play tonight...raise the damn fence---it is for the bull pen for Christ's sake!

Hope Wacha Wacha can keep it up for at least one more, maybe two , games!

I'm always amazed at the bat speed big guys like Ortiz can generate. Strong hands, wrists...eyesight. Special athletes all pro baseballers.

Last night's game was much more fun for me to watch! :D

I think Wacha Wacha Wacha pitched pretty well. The only two hard hit balls were a double by Pedroia that was LACED and obviously the one to Ortiz. Lackey had most of the StL lineup befuddled with his curve. Finally some timely hitting and base running for the Cards.

The next two games will be interesting. It'll be interesting to see which teams "non-ace" can have a good game! Kelly for StL has been throwing very well and I hope in continues. Lynn can be very good (he's probably won more games than anyone the last two years) but the train can come off the rails with him in a hurry.

Man, I hated to see the bullpen ruin a good outing by Lackey. Talk about going from a high (Ortiz home run) to a low the next inning. I was pretty sure the Sox were finally facing a bullpen that they will have a tough time with. Time for the Sox to put the games away early, the come from behind games will be awful tough now.

From the looks of it, this will be the first series since 86 I will be on the edge of my seat.

I am curious what makes everyone a fan of the teams that you root for. Is it your home team? A favorite player? Someone you know plays/played for a particular team?

I was born into the Red Sox world, even though I resided on the other side of country. My dad was a bat boy for the Red Sox during their spring trainings (when the Sox used to train in AZ). Pretty cool to know that my dad retrieved the bat of Ted Williams. I guess my grandma has always been a pretty good cook, some of the players used to like coming over my grandparents house for dinner. I was watching game 4 of the 2004 WS with my grandparents, pretty cool to seem them get all teary eyed when the Sox finally won. My grandpa said he never thought he would see that happen.

St. Louis was the closests "real" baseball team for where I grew up. Technically I was closer to Cincinati... My dad was a BIG Cardinals fan, so it kinda ran in the family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back