Be careful what you wish for...

MTGunner

I wanted to hunt mountain goat-
For my sins I drew a tag-
Enjoy the hunt-
Enjoy the pain-
Relish the memories that will live on.

I was watching a mountain goat hunt on TV yesterday and this came to mind. Hunting mountain goat is an adventure and a challenging extreme hunt, all worth the pain involved to complete a successful hunt. Whether a person, who has a tag in hand, is successful is but a small part of the hunt. To all that are applying this year I say go for it. Hunt hard, kill swiftly, offer no excuses! Good luck and good hunting! MTG

I feel your pain. As I get older, every tag I apply for is with realization that I might draw, I am obstinate enough to know I will do it, But physical pain is a definite possibility!

Just watched the first draft of the hunt we filmed with Randy11 last year. It will probably be in the top five best episodes we have done in this TV gig. The country and the critter lend itself to remarkable stories.

Congrats for drawing. Just to see the country would make it a successful hunt. Enjoy.

I feel your pain. As I get older, every tag I apply for is with realization that I might draw, I am obstinate enough to know I will do it, But physical pain is a definite possibility!
I hear you, every year I apply for mountain goat here in NV and wonder how many more years I have left being able to climb the mountain. At almost 53 the ticking of the clock is getting louder every year.

Just watched the first draft of the hunt we filmed with Randy11 last year. It will probably be in the top five best episodes we have done in this TV gig. The country and the critter lend itself to remarkable stories.

^^^^^^^ As good as the first draft is, I can't wait to see the finished version.

^^^^^^^ As good as the first draft is, I can't wait to see the finished version.

If you, Randy, and Ross like it, then it's good enough for me.

Would give anything to post a sneak peak of it here on Hunt Talk, given all the characters in the episode are Hunt Talk regulars. But, there is this contract issue about "exclusive premier" that networks require, so I guess I can't do that. It will be the premier episode of the new season. And, we will load it up for streaming online, the following day, making it a bit easier for all who want to watch it.

I watched it as well and it brought me right back to that basin! I cannot imagine what else you would look for. Thanks to Randy11 for inviting along and Big Fin for capturing it so I can relive it! Hunting Goats is an awesome experience.

No question there's a premenition of pain and sweat once that tag is in your pocket. A huge obligation to the mountain and the species is rightfully bestowed on tagholders to make the most of the opportunity.

Good luck to everyone who's name is in the hat this year. I'm looking forward to following some great threads this fall.

There is a huge obligation to the habitat, the animal and a positive effort to hunt these animals with great respect. The pain will accompany the hunt. It is well worth enduring and preparing for before hand. I was fortunate enough to draw one of these coveted tags in 2011. I was successful and the memories are vivid. Randy, I have not seen your programs lately. What network are they on? For those who apply each year for mountain goat, bighorn sheep and moose, I say have faith, it can and perhaps will come to fruition. I continue to apply for moose and sheep and truly believe I will draw. Yes, am an optimist! Good luck all! MTG

Don't forget the fear.

Hearing the rocks, size of footballs, rolling down the "chute" at me in the last minutes of light and trying to figure which way to jump to get out of there way, OR the but crawl with heavy packs to make it out of the chute and on to the 30 degree ridge line to hike down, both with be LONG term memories.

Wish I could say they make the goat meat taste better:eek:, but it will sure make the trophy on the wall earn it's place at the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back