Ballot Initiative to End NR Big Game Hunting?

I feel like this would be the ultimate F you to outfitters, absentee landowners and basically about half the users of this forum, scores of people who've put money towards conservation in Montana and any and every NR who did anything at all to oppose the same legislation I'm angry about
this is how I read your post

After all of the shady legislative efforts I feel like this would be the ultimate F you to outfitters, absentee landowners and basically everyone who has tried to strip away what little we have left.
Trying to accomplish a lot of things and this kills a lot of birds with one stone. It’s not punitive.
Still trying to reconcile then contradiction here. You can at least be honest.

What exactly does this accomplish?

How in the world do you reconcile attempting to curtail hunter numbers when the state’s LAW requires FWP to kill more elk right now?

Even as a former resident and now NR, I’m fully behind doing what’s best for the resource. This doesn’t so anything positive. It wastes money and resources, and makes you look punitive and vindictive.

I’m not underestimating bitterness against NR. It’s nothing new and I saw it 20+ years ago. Put your petitions out to add the CI. It’ll be entertaining to watch.

Still trying to reconcile then contradiction here. You can at least be honest.

What exactly does this accomplish?

How in the world do you reconcile attempting to curtail hunter numbers when the state’s LAW requires FWP to kill more elk right now?
He’s trying to figure a path forward for hunting in Montana. I don’t agree but it is good discussion. If I thought it would help I would be all for it. Changes would have to be made much bigger than this to help things.

He’s trying to figure a path forward for hunting in Montana. I don’t agree but it is good discussion. If I thought it would help I would be all for it. Changes would have to be made much bigger than this to help things

I get he’s trying to find a path forward. That path does you no good if it takes you off a cliff.

This alone shows how out of touch you are with all of this. How many NRs are coming here to help control the population? How many of those shoulder season hunts, like them or not, have any NR participation AT ALL? It’s got to be less than 5%. I argue that Montanans can do any game management job we put our minds to, we don’t need outside help.

And of course if you are hawking the experience, hawking a podcast, hawking some kind of gear, a tag strategy service, a YouTube channel, private land outfitted hunts, giving tags to landowners that they can sell to non resident…. Of course you are against anything like this.

I am pretty sure no non resident is guaranteed anything in the MT constitution. I am pretty sure that no outfitter or landowner is guaranteed a steady flow of non residents to line their pockets. They have taken enough it is time to fight fire with fire.

This alone shows how out of touch you are with all of this. How many NRs are coming here to help control the population? How many of those shoulder season hunts, like them or not, have any NR participation AT ALL? It’s got to be less than 5%. I argue that Montanans can do any game management job we put our minds to, we don’t need outside help.
You can make all the assumptions you want about me being out of touch. It’s actually funny.

To answer your question, IT DOESN’T matter. If I’m a rancher and I typically have NR hunters coming in to hunt cows, and you try to limit that, do you REALLY think that has any chance of flying? Even based on the perceived notion of it happening you will lose.

Now answer my question what this really does for the public land resident hunter?

Limit NR. I don’t care. Sell tags for either rifle or archery. Make them good only on Tuesday.

Keep hammering.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back