AZ Pronghorn - A lifetime dream

Kill that big one! Put some pics up at the end of the episode. The cameras will still capture the ride just not the kill and with a 90+ antelope who cares.

Good luck Randy. Go ahead and show a picture of that stud you shoot after the camera leaves. It will still make great video.

Shoot the one you want Randy! If you need anything after the crew goes home call me. I have a few days (should be deer hunting), but I can run a camera for you.

Four does, four fawns, and one small buck. None of them are in danger. Gonna let them water and hopefully give comfort to the big ones I know are just over the ridge, though out of sight. Or, at least I am wishing they are just over the ridge.

You are gonna close the deal on a giant today and not have to worry about the cameras not being there!!!! Good luck!!! But I think if you do harvest one after the cameras have gone it would be a great deal to include it as part of the show!! It will just go to show people how tough it is, and that we as sportsmen don't just go out the first day and are able to harvest an animal!! It's just not that easy!! Good luck Randy!!

Monster buck above us, looking at our blinds. I am shooting this buck if he comes in. Huge heart-shaped buck that we saw opening morning. Come on down, big guy. This wont hurt much, I promise.

After waiting 16 years go shoot that big buck without the camera. Hunting shows don't need slow motion, impact kill shots to be good(although you wouldn't think that based on the other shows). Turn on the camera for the recovery. Good luck!

This is exactly how I was going to reply.
If you think you have enough good footage from this week to fill up the first 18 minutes, treat yourself the second week and hunt your tail off for that ninety incher. You've waited 16 years for this tag, and as much as you love antelope, this very well could be the trophy you're sitting and staring at when your old and crippled.

Personally I think you should put the show on the backburner once the film crews gone, and bust the handheld out once you stick an arrow in him. A short backstory on what happens and video of you walking up on the buck are more than enough.

Just remember that you've been after this tag a lot longer than you've been a tv host.

My two cents anyways...

Not sure what happened. He popped up to our southwest. They focused on something farther to our west. Then, they eased down the backside of the ridge from where they came. They are now straight south of us, but out of sight. Hoping they appear to our southeast and come down the same trail those others used this morning.

Damn it. I was sure this was the big chance. Oh well, if they are thirsty, they should be back for a better look.

Good luck Fin, hope he comes straight on in for you.

In answer to your other question, Yes, I would include in the episode that you stayed another week, without your camera man and filmed it yourself from ground blinds.

Man I Love these threads the updates are killing me almost like I'm there good luck randy

Back