MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ass Clown

Nobody watches a TV show called "pigman" to learn about hunting. I saw Chris Brackett arrow a couple dozen rabbits on a TV show the other day, then switched back to watching my favorite show, COPS.

I'm not saying anything we dont already know, but hunters need non- hunter support, whether you like it or not. Shows like pigman, as well as others, do not cater well to non- hunters. non- hunters may not go out of their way to watch these shows, but impacts can be made by passing over it channel surfing, advertisements, etc. Are you willing to risk swaying public opinion, and possibly lose out on hunting opportunities because shows like these lead to voting against beneficial legislation? It may sound like hyperbole, but things like that can add up and, over time, may have significant consequences.

Better not tell mdhunter et. al. that we also shoot prairie dogs for fun.

I don't think it was the killing of a jackrabbit that was offensive. Anybody that has watched 30 seconds of this dipship would know why he and the idiots that watch, and sponsor him work against what this forum is about. After all isn't this the guy that was voted favorite talk show host. We can make fun of the voting, or make fun of whatever, but that dumbass is what a lot of non hunters think of when they think of hunters.

I don't think it was the killing of a jackrabbit that was offensive. Anybody that has watched 30 seconds of this dipship would know why he and the idiots that watch, and sponsor him work against what this forum is about. After all isn't this the guy that was voted favorite talk show host. We can make fun of the voting, or make fun of whatever, but that dumbass is what a lot of non hunters think of when they think of hunters.

I think Howa used to sponsor him. I think Leupold still does.

I used to like the show when it was about eradicating hogs in Texas. I've lost interest since almost every show now is filmed in a high fence preserve.

Good thing we have a couple tough guys that would rather make fun of others here rather than add to the discussion. What would we do without them? And I know you're all thinking they look like fools, but I don't think they look like fools at all. Rather pretty cool. P.r.e.t.t.y cool. I remember that high school mentality....from when I was in high school. Those guys are so lucky that they still have that going for them. Shoot, I just have respect from people that see me as a good guy. I'm so jealous. So jealous.

There are certain animals that its more or less a given that when we kill them, we eat them. Rabbits are one. Coyotes and gophers are not.

its getting really sad when the pussification of this country is carrying over to hunters.

I think one of the challenges we face as hunters is increasing hunter recruitment. One of the ways we do that is presenting hunting to non-hunters in a positive light. Killing animals for fun rather than food/management doesn't present well. To clarify my previous post, I have no problem with wolf hunting or coyote hunting etc when used for management purposes. Just shooting animals for fun doesn't present us to non-hunters in a good light. That's why dipwads like Nugent or Pigman should just go away. If that makes me a pussy then oh well.

Last edited:
Bear season opens Saturday. Man I'm excited. All I can think of is that big plump juicy roast, taters and carrots, salt, pepper and larvae.

It's all about the food aspect.

I am not a fan. He is even more creepy after his accident. Tough SOB on that I guess.

Put me in the crowd of as long as they are doing stuff legally I don't get all pissed about it. It may not be my cup of tea but so be it. 90% of the hunting shows out there are pretty tough to watch anyway.

I think one of the challenges we face as hunters is increasing hunter recruitment. One of the ways we do that is presenting hunting to non-hunters in a positive light. Killing animals for fun rather than food/management doesn't present well. To clarify my previous post, I have no problem with wolf hunting or coyote hunting etc when used for management purposes. Just shooting animals for fun doesn't present us to non-hunters in a good light. That's why dipwads like Nugent or Pigman should just go away. If that makes me a pussy then oh well.

My sentiment exactly. A+++

Interesting how a respect for life, an understanding and appreciation for daily struggle of living things, and distaste for thrill killing is being a pussy. Where I came from it was called being an adult.

Know any good coyote recipes?

Well you can use the hide of a coyote. But if just killing things to kill them makes you feel manly then it is what it is. In my time in the outdoors, I guess I have taken the attitude that you don't have to kill everything. I don't have to pull the trigger every time I am outdoors to have a good time

I normally agree with your posts but this makes me wonder, do you catch fish you don't want to eat and just toss them on the bank?
I don't fish much and have never tossed any on the bank. Thanks for wondering.

Well you can use the hide of a coyote. But if just killing things to kill them makes you feel manly then it is what it is. In my time in the outdoors, I guess I have taken the attitude that you don't have to kill everything. I don't have to pull the trigger every time I am outdoors to have a good time
Killing coyotes makes you manly? I saved a feather from the grackle, is that okay now?

I've never seen a "pigman" show, but think its pretty funny that a guy kills a rabbit, and the hunting "community" is so offended.

Was it fun shooting that trophy elk in your avatar? Was that hunting for meat or management? Try presenting that photo to promote what we do, to non hunters in good light....

Back