Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Ass Clown

mdhunter

Just watched a minute of the Pigman series and that one minute was enough to see someone shoot a jack rabbit with a .338 while on an elk hunt. Needless to say not much was left.

How exactly is this going to attract new hunters and promote our sport :mad:

Just watched a minute of the Pigman series and that one minute was enough to see someone shoot a jack rabbit with a .338 while on an elk hunt. Needless to say not much was left.

How exactly is this going to attract new hunters and promote our sport :mad:

You are upset that he shot a jackrabbit? :rolleyes:

Ya it was a joke of a show I seem to watch it on Monday night for a lack of better programming in that time slot.

It seems that he gets a lot of viewers though. Just look at his sponsors. My guess is that it's mostly a different demographic than the DIY public lands crowd though.

My father once made me eat a blackbird that I shot for fun. I guess that pretty much cured me of wanton killing.

people love cherry picking information to support their argument, and it can be very influential. Pigman would be what anti hunters cherry pick to show people to persuade them to not supporting hunting, and if their audience is not well informed as to what else is out there (Rinella, Newberg), it would be very, very easy to be turned off to hunting and vote against any pro-hunting legislation. We too often categorize a group with similar interests as all the same, and in this case it is far from the truth.

Cancelled my cable 2 years ago because crap like Pigman is all too representative of outdoor programming. I get my fix from the Meateater and HuntTalk podcasts, Netflix, and YouTube. Saves me about $100 a month and don't miss it at all.

I was taught and teach my kids that you eat what you kill. Shooting critters just cause makes us all look bad. Besides, I think Hank Shaw has a good recipe for jackrabbit stew.

Marketing/hunter recruitment perfection from a hunttalk sponsor:
grafnov03.jpg

That idiot pigman shooting a jackrabbit is not the reason not to watch garbage like that. The reason is because he represents us hunters about as well as that lunatic nuggent.

Nobody watches a TV show called "pigman" to learn about hunting. I saw Chris Brackett arrow a couple dozen rabbits on a TV show the other day, then switched back to watching my favorite show, COPS.

That idiot pigman shooting a jackrabbit is not the reason not to watch garbage like that. The reason is because he represents us hunters about as well as that lunatic nuggent.

Exactly. His canned (and almost certainly drugged) lion "hunt" was pathetic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back