Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

You can share waypoints and tracks; edit the feature and select “share”.

Best resolution is to download 5 mile maps.

I agree, onX needs folders for categorizing data.

Wapiti, was that in response to m query about photo attachment to waypoints or was that related to filtering/ categorization? If intended for my query - by sharing, that allows me to attach pictures? If not for my query, disregard.

This is a great thread to read... I've learned a couple aspects I didn't know existed.

Is there a way to send location to a friend who is also hunting with On-X maps? I had to send my GPS coordinates when I got something down but that method is error prone. Would be nice to send location that shows up as a flag on the recipient's On-X map app.

My maps have an alternating dark vertical striping effect in online & off line modes. Why is this? It makes it extremely difficult to read them. Another issue I have is why does my map show sections & section numbers when I have that layer off but I turn on other layers? That is a very recent change that I hate. It also makes it too hard to read.

You can mark your location then send that waypoint but both people will need service; sharing requires text, email, messenger, etc.

J_ I have not seen your problems on either my android or iPhone.

You can mark your location then send that waypoint but both people will need service; sharing requires text, email, messenger, etc.

J_ I have not seen your problems on either my android or iPhone.

Not sayiing there is a problem. I am a beginner still with onX maps and a lot of things I just don't know, hence the questions. It's the best program out there for outdoor sportsman as far as I cam concerned.

It would be nice to have the ability to darken the various public land layers in the app and web app as some of the layers are light to see (yellow for county stuff).. ignore if its already available and i just cant figure it out...

Two big additions that need to happen by next season - First, ability to download offline content with single selection rather the 15 different downloads to get one unit covered. Second, CarPlay support. Other than than I continue to be happy with ONX.

This may have been covered, but are there any plans to allow "custom sized" offline map selections? Meaning, could a user drag and crop a certain section of a map (either in High, Med or Low Resolution) vs. the fixed rectangle currently offered? There have been times I would have preferred to select a long horizontal rectangle or a square, etc. vs. the fixed portrait oriented rectangle selection.

Other than that, really like some of the recent updates, waypoint icon additions, etc. I use it all the time during hunting season.

Ok, I'm new and I do not see where I can start a new question on Onxmaps so I will respond to this question with my question for now...I am trying to see my time, mileage, mph on my saved tracks. I can pull them up and see the tracks but can't find the details above...

Ok, I'm new and I do not see where I can start a new question on Onxmaps so I will respond to this question with my question for now...I am trying to see my time, mileage, mph on my saved tracks. I can pull them up and see the tracks but can't find the details above...

When you’re looking at the list of tracks you’ve recorded, click on or touch the edit button. Then you’ll see all the info on the track.

@onX Hunt Have you all contemplated adding augment reality capabilities to your deployment so can actually see where boundaries are on the landscape?

I am having a problem with the Utah Map. The CWMU boundaries are not matching up to what the state shows on its interactive map. I dont love having to rely on to mapping systems to get the all the data I want. Also could you set it for each spiecies. For example in some places I dont care if there is an elk CWMU, but I need to know if it is a deer CWMU.

If I download maps for offline use and then upgraded to the premium or elite version will the property owners show up offline?

I am having a problem with the Utah Map. The CWMU boundaries are not matching up to what the state shows on its interactive map. I dont love having to rely on to mapping systems to get the all the data I want. Also could you set it for each spiecies. For example in some places I dont care if there is an elk CWMU, but I need to know if it is a deer CWMU.

Are you swapping between the species in the WMU layer? When you look at the layers, click on the layer settings at the bottom of the WMU layer and it’ll pop up all the different species which are separated between limited and general. I see deer, deer limited, elk, elk limited, deer/elk extended season, and all kinds of other species. You can only look at one at the time.

Hope that helps... I’m just a guy that stayed in a Holiday Express one time.

ability to download "Ultra HD" -the best aerial resolution available for the area
addition of the 2' LiDAR contours layer for the MN map as its available statewide (other states may have this as well)

How exactly does the RMEF layer help you? I was looking for the new land that RMEF had a hand in purchasing near Augusta Montana so I turned on that layer hoping it would help but it really didn't help much. I guess my question is what is then point of the layer?

Back