Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Arizona 2011 Elk & Antelope Regs

Please spread the word on a hunt code correction.

3142 Sep 9 - Sep 22, 2011 (22) 9 Bull elk 100

Should actually be:

3165 Sep 9 - Sep 22, 2011 (22) 9 Bull elk 100

Thanks.

Last edited:
AZ G&F just announced a cancellation of the elk seasons, early and late, so neither of the codes Dink posted will be valid. They also encourage everyone to skip the application process all together, including buying bonus points.

They ask instead for a donation to the Human Fund. You can send it to me via PayPal and I'll make sure it's put to good use.

Thanks, Lee. See any tags there with your name on it? Thinking one has my name, for sure. Got some points burnin' a hole in my pocket.

Man.....those archery dates SUCK! What's up with that?.......based on history, this should have been the year the archery hunt was the last two weeks of September.

Man.....those archery dates SUCK! What's up with that?.......

I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if guys will burn the big points for a year when the season dates are this early, or will they sit on them for a year when the dates are later?

Guess I will be busy chasing antelope then, so I better burn my points on a later rifle hunt.

Man.....those archery dates SUCK!

They're only 1 day earlier than 2010. I do think they're way too early but otherwise GFD might stick us with a favorable moon phase. Can't have that... :mad:

The best way to get back at them is to not turn in an app. Actually, the non res guys aren't what worry me. It's all of the resident applicants who keep me tag dry year after year. 4 points and counting...

Last edited:
4 points? You're just getting started ;)

G&F was nice enough to move the early "rut" archery tags up to the beginning of the month last year and it looks like it's going to stay that way.

I blew some points on a stupid late cow tag four years ago when I let my cousin fill out our app. He put in the wrong hunt number. And then we got blasted with heavy snow and high winds and didn't tag a cow.

I'll never be "too busy" with work to fill out my own app again. :cool:

I wonder why G&F moved the archery hunt earlier? Not only does it almost ensure we'll miss the prime of the rut, but I'd think it also opens up a greater possibility of meat loss due to higher temps. Nice of them :rolleyes: to plant the muzzleloader hunts smack in the prime time.

I drew Unit 1 this year with 2 points (loyalty point and hunter ed point) after drawing Unit 8 last year. It is possible. We'll see if we can get 3 in a row.

Does AZ have a 5 year season structure or anything like that to see what future (2012 and beyond) hunt dates might be?

Dinkshooter,

Quit chasing a dream. The archery hunt dates suck anyway and I don't forsee them getting any better. I have a deal for you. How about we put in as a party this year. With my three points and your 13, we would draw a good late rifle hunt. I realize I am dragging you down a bit, so I will sweeten the pot. I will pick you and hottie nieghbor up as I drive through CO, pay for gas, and bring the beer. Do we have a deal?

It's been nearly 20 minutes and you haven't responded. I know you're at work, but not working, so me thinks you're giving this some serious conderation. One caveat, I won't share hottie neighbor. I am looking forward to hunting with you again!!:D

Dinkshooter,

Dont be tempted by Buschy's offer...I think I can provide better beer and a better neighbor.

Oh, and I have 4 points.

Thanks, Lee. See any tags there with your name on it? Thinking one has my name, for sure. Got some points burnin' a hole in my pocket.

I suppose one could have my name on it if I burn my points on an archery tag but based on the dates I may sit on em or try for another tag.

Buzz,

Damn! DS was sitting in CO taking the bait and I was just about to set the hook, then you have to pipe up.:mad:

Thanks for the kick in the sack. You should call the Greenhorn and some of the other elkslayers on Hunttalk and make this a bidding war while you're at it! :D

Oh man I didn't see these sweet offers on the table til just now.

Those would be some sweet hero shots. Big dead AZ bulls with my hottie neighbor sitting on them.

Maybe in a bikini? She is gonna need a bikini line waxing first.................... Buschy, Buzz where did you go?

I drew Unit 1 this year with 2 points (loyalty point and hunter ed point) after drawing Unit 8 last year. It is possible. We'll see if we can get 3 in a row.

Have you had your butt Xrayed to see if there's a horseshoe in it? lol You're one lucky guy.

I've lived in AZ my whole life (40+) and have drawn 5 times total. 1 of those was the aforementioned mistaken late cow hunt, 1 was a leftover Limited Opp hunt on Hopi land this year.

I don't even dream a real bull hunt anymore. I might be laughed all the way back to the Stone Age if I even had the stones to put in for Unit 1.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back