Yeti GOBOX Collection

Arizona 2011 Elk & Antelope Regs

Oh man I didn't see these sweet offers on the table til just now.

Those would be some sweet hero shots. Big dead AZ bulls with my hottie neighbor sitting on them.

Maybe in a bikini? She is gonna need a bikini line waxing first.................... Buschy, Buzz where did you go?

I think you have the wrong beast doing the sitting.

DDD, not only was i lucky with the elk tags but we drew kaibab tags 2 of the last 3 years. My son shot a nice 6x5 elk on Nov 30. One of these days when i become computer saavy i will post the pictures. It was our family's first elk.

Figuring out my AZ elk and antelope draws this weekend. Surprises me how many non-residents apply for elk tags where they have NO statistical chance of drawing. In most the good elk units/seasons, the non-resident quota is filled in the 20% bonus pass, leaving no NR tags for the second pass where they look at first and second choices for anyone not at the top of the bonus point pile.

For all practical purposes, the premium AZ units have become a true preference point draw for Non-residents. Obviously not the case for residents.

Here are the two sheets you need to be looking at to determine of the unit you are applying for was filled in the first round Bonus Pass by people with more points that you. These are the 2010 stats, so you cannot be sure it will be the same in the 2011 draw, but you can figure it will be pretty close.

Tags drawn in the 20% Bonus Pass (First pass of the AZ draw) by those with the highest number of bonus points

Tags drawn in the Second Round by first and second choices on your app.

If you chose to apply for a unit that is already filled in the first round, and waste one or both of your choices, don't complain here on Hunt Talk. :p

I am going antelope hunting in AZ this year, one way or the other. Tired of waiting. dreaming, and drooling.

First choice will be rifle, but second choice will be archery. I have enough points to snag a max point archery tag in any unit.

Might be crazy to burn that many points on an archery hunt, but I am not sure what could be more fun than chasing pronghorn in AZ, with a bow, in a unit that probably has some lunkers to be had.

I could die of old age before I draw a rifle tag. There are 51 non-residents ahead of me, and over 1,200 residents ahead of me. Considering how few tags AZ issues, and that all the NRs are applying for the same three or four rifle tags, I am thinking the archery hunt is the way to go.

If I am lucky, I might archery hunt pronghorn in AZ twice before the nails are put in my coffin. Better to archery hunt twice than rifle hunt once.

Eli will probably tell me I am nuts, but that was proven a long time ago.

I keep thinking I should start trying for archery AZ lopes, but the season dates mess with any possiblity of a AK sheep hunt;) Just a point this year to add to 11, I have never even looked at the goat stats in AZ.

Didn't Eli kill a ginormous archery AZ goat this year?

Surprises me how many non-residents apply for elk tags where they have NO statistical chance of drawing.

I do that somewhat frequently. If I am going to apply for a point, but I don't already have another hunt planned for that time, I'll apply for an impossible tag just in case there is a screw-up. I rarely apply for a point only in Colorado, for example.

I am going antelope hunting in AZ this year, one way or the other. Tired of waiting. dreaming, and drooling.

First choice will be rifle, but second choice will be archery. I have enough points to snag a max point archery tag in any unit.

Might be crazy to burn that many points on an archery hunt, but I am not sure what could be more fun than chasing pronghorn in AZ, with a bow, in a unit that probably has some lunkers to be had.

I could die of old age before I draw a rifle tag. There are 51 non-residents ahead of me, and over 1,200 residents ahead of me. Considering how few tags AZ issues, and that all the NRs are applying for the same three or four rifle tags, I am thinking the archery hunt is the way to go.

If I am lucky, I might archery hunt pronghorn in AZ twice before the nails are put in my coffin. Better to archery hunt twice than rifle hunt once.

Muzzleloader?

Signed, sealed, and now in the trusting hands of my mail carrier. No sense in stewing about it. Can now put the pile of maps, research, proclamations, draw odds, and other associated mess back in the file cabinet.

I am thinking AZ is taking all my points this year for elk and pronghorn. No refunds for me - keep the damn money, I want to go hunting.

Randy, don't give up hopes on a rifle tag. Drawing the AZ tag I had still is amazing i got it, and my second choice to boot! unit 9 rifle with 7 points if i remember correct, and that is with the current drawing system!

Randy, don't give up hopes on a rifle tag. Drawing the AZ tag I had still is amazing i got it, and my second choice to boot! unit 9 rifle with 7 points if i remember correct, and that is with the current drawing system!

Too late, the mailman is about to deliver my request for a stick and string hunt. Seems I am a man of much patience, but when patience expires, I lose all of it, quickly. Just have too much of an ache to chase AZ antelope, and to be honest, I really don't care with what weapon.

Maybe things will change from last year and my 16 points won't be enough for an archery tag in the bonus pass draw. I hope not, 'cause the schedule is being set for archery pronghorn in AZ.

Sooner I burn these points, the quicker I'll be at the bottom, willing to apply for archery every year until they put me in the grave, knowing I will never accumulate enough for a rifle tag once these points are spent.

I know, "stupid," but no one ever accused me of being too smart.

I don't really worry about the dates, I just want to chase bulls in AZ again in September! App is away...

Well I just sent AZ 2 checks for $7.50 each. No idea if I would have drawn, but I was "not feeling it". I want that hunt to be perfect.

I gotta get back into the bow groove and kill some chit again.

Thanks for saving those tags for me. I am feeling it.

I think the application correction date was last week, so Schmalts better just buy points this year.

I applied...I can always find a way to squeeze in another hunt.

I'm sure I'll be in AZ this December anyway, likely all month, helping a resident max point holder with the desert sheep permit he's going to draw.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back