Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Arctic blast

After reading some of the posts here I won’t complain about the wind and temps here in TX.

Got back from our hunting trip today and wife wants me to put up canvas tent and stove tomorrow. Will be “fun” and at least it’s cold enough to let the deer quarters hang in the back yard.

Guess I'll come a little out of retirement and get up way too early tomorrow. Daughter insisted she had to go to work 60 miles away from here. Think I'll see what things look like and try to take a short drive for a road check. I'm not liking the idea of her traveling in this.

Guess I'll come a little out of retirement and get up way too early tomorrow. Daughter insisted she had to go to work 60 miles away from here. Think I'll see what things look like and try to take a short drive for a road check. I'm not liking the idea of her traveling in this.

When I was younger I would drive through anything to get to work. After seeing many vehicles wrecked I figured missing 1 day of work is safer and I don't have to worry about vehicle repairs or medical bills because of an accident.

So far it's not bad. Daughter said most roads were fine. The snow stopped falling but it's still moving. The wind doesn't seem like it picked up much but it's early. -4 and wind chill of -30. Dropping a few more degrees tonight. Bad part is I went out to push the one drift away from the garage door for the kid and somehow lost a pin connecting my plow blade to the ATV frame! I'll stick a gutter spike in there until the snow melts next week. Maybe I'll find it when the snow is gone and I'm not freezing!
Yeah, roads look good here,drive blew off. Got my yooper cap , gonna try it out

Just lost power. Guessing there is a tree on the lines somewhere with these 50 mph winds. Got both fireplaces on. Worst part will be the kids complaining all day.

Most of all the power lines around here run underground but that doesn’t mean that somewhere down the line something could go wrong. But in the ten years that I have lived in Chambersburg I can only remember one time that we lost power and that was for a short while. This is one of the only towns that I know of which generates its own power and has a back-up sub station should something go wrong with the main.

The ole arctic blast now has me stuck in Seattle last night and tonight with four kids. Earlier in the year i was asked where I wanted to go for Christmas and I said how about Kansas or Arkansas for a duck hunt. Hawaii was an option also. Well to my surprise everyone else picked Hawaii and here I am.

Front edge hitting here now. Wind gusting to 40 mph. Heavy rain. Could hear limbs snapping off and coming down on maple sugar lines :mad:

Its starting to wrap up here, temps turn positive by about 3pm and constantly improve thru tomorrow. Back in 40s this weekend, the heaters need a break and this means i can get back to duck hunting soon.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back