Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anyone considering the F150 Electric?

I read an article the other day which said if we electrified every vehicle in the entire world carbon emissions would only decrease by 30%. Not to mention the existing United States electric grid would need more than $15 trillion dollars of investment to even handle the demand. It really makes you stop and wonder what we are doing here.

I'm ready for EV's, not necessarily because I want to save the world but because I think they are cool. I want acceleration with very little sound.
I need a 3/4 ton class truck for work and a minimum 7 passenger vehicle for my family, which are not the first categories they come to market in, but when they have options that fit my needs and I feel I can get a good value from one I will do it without hesitation.
The F150 looks interesting, but I'd like to see an HD version for myself.

I'm ready for EV's, not necessarily because I want to save the world but because I think they are cool. I want acceleration with very little sound.
Why? I think American V-8 muscle is way cooler than any electric car can, or will ever be. The sound is part of it. Someone said a Tesla was the coolest car they had ever driven. They need to get out more. New Corvettes 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and getting faster. Top fuel dragster making insane power. I guess a little electric car is good for getting groceries though. mtmuley

Why? I think American V-8 muscle is way cooler than any electric car can, or will ever be. The sound is part of it. Someone said a Tesla was the coolest car they had ever driven. They need to get out more. New Corvettes 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and getting faster. Top fuel dragster making insane power. I guess a little electric car is good for getting groceries though. mtmuley
It's a millennial thing........

Everyone that I know who has driven one has said the same thing, that they want one. I can't totally explain it, but if someone offered me a free Tesla or a free Corvette I'm taking the Tesla, hands down.

Everyone that I know who has driven one has said the same thing, that they want one. I can't totally explain it, but if someone offered me a free Tesla or a free Corvette I'm taking the Tesla, hands down.
Yeah, it is a millennial thing then. No way in Hell I take a lectric over a Corvette. But, my son is 19, and he'd take the Vette too. mtmuley

Wow! Never thought I’d see that.

Not just a millennial thing. Tesla 0-60 in a 2.07 sec. EVs have amazing torque and any ICE just can't compare.

The problem I have with Teslas (and the stock) is that they top the list of most desired vehicle, and also rank at the top (or bottom) for number of problems.

You do know that Tesla makes the fastest production car in the world don’t you?

The model 3, which is the budget model (think Honda Accord) does 3.1 in the performance package.
That’s over half a second faster than a Mustang Shelby GT. Not exactly a slow car.

What really pushes you back in a seat more so than the 0 to 60 is the say 45 to 90, which is absolutely instantaneous without any automatic transmission gear hunting, or clutching of a manual.

Last edited:
EV's are the biggest scam and make Bernie Maddoff look like a rookie. I have a gas lease in Southwest Penna. These dummies are going to make me rich. I wish them well. How many cars are in the U.S.? 180 million? The would probably have to build 2000 nuclear plants to satisfy the power requirements of these EV's, which would probably take 5-10 years to accomplish. In the mean time, I will supply the gas!! Make Schmitty Rich! I want to become a billionaire fool!

You do know that Tesla makes the fastest production car in the world don’t you?

The model 3, which is the budget model (think Honda Accord) does 3.1 in the performance package.
That’s over half a second faster than a Mustang Shelby GT. Not exactly a slow car.

What really pushes you back in a seat more so than the 0 to 60 is the say 45 to 90, which is absolutely instantaneous without any automatic transmission gear hunting, or clutching of a manual.
Straight line acceleration in a grocery getter. mtmuley

@Southern Elk Model Y long range. It’s the slow one. I actually wanted to buy the performance, but after we test drove the long range, we decided that was fast enough and the range was more important

It’s mostly my wife’s. We’ve had it since June and I’ve driven it like 12 times. She has put about 10,000 miles on it since then going to Tucson and Mesa for work and clinicals.

Straight line acceleration in a grocery getter. mtmuley

I used to really like Corvettes and in a way I still do. The new mid engine ones look “dope” as the kids say.

But moving to Arizona just ruined that for me. Down here, it is the Boomer Snowbird car that is typically found in the left lane, driven by some senile, Joe Biden lookin mf doing 20 under, snarling at everybody as they whip around him on the right. 🤠

Back