Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anybody else excited for Topgun: Maverick?

coleslaw

I honestly think 99% of all entertainment pushed out there is just garbage/ cannon fodder. I am really excited to see the new Topgun though. The first one was a big part of my early childhood and was one of the first movies above a "G" rating that I remember my parents letting me watch.

Hopefully this isn't just another 'Fast and the furious' type brain-dead action flick. (Fight me, Last of the Mohicans was a great movie, The fast and the furious was not). Seeing how this movie was made really has me very intrigued and hopefully they put as much into the the acting and storyline as they did the cinematography. I may even take my kids to the theater to watch this one.

Looking forward to watching this as well. Amazing to think, I recall my Uncle amazed with the lightspeed scenes on the big screen in Star Wars when I was a really young buck. He later told me I was bug eyed silent watching as a 6 y/o.

Top Gun, to an extent (IMHO), shaped the 15+ y/o generation view and participation with beach volleyball, karaoke, motorcycles, and... sex.

Yes. My youngest girl ( 18) has never seen it. We watched it Friday night. She gets a deal at the movie theater. Already bought 10 tickets for the family to see it opening day.

At the time it was one of the greatest cinema filming ever.

Watched it a few weeks ago. Not bad, lots of action, somewhat predictable. Had to laugh when he took off in the test jet in the beginning. The roof on the guard shack almost flew off but the guy standing next to it didn't move!

Watched it a few weeks ago. Not bad, lots of action, somewhat predictable. Had to laugh when he took off in the test jet in the beginning. The roof on the guard shack almost flew off but the guy standing next to it didn't move!
I wonder if Penny Benjamin was whipped off her feet. :)

Plot was a Star War rip off.

The need - for speed!

give_me_paw_spaceballs.gif

I wasn't impressed....especially after my wife commented that Cruise didn't look half bad for his age.😒
I don’t know you, but I would help you rescue your wife from a Scientology compound if you asked.

The movie was good relative to the chit that comes out these days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back